What would you do?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New to this forum, and first post. Well actually second.

I am asking for assistance from those more knowledgeable than I.
If you had a choice between these two bikes, which would you choose and why?
New Trek 2008 (I believe) Crusieliner / $400 (the inspiration for this bike was from "fishcreek" a member on this forum).
New and current Electra Sparker Special / $700.

Any and all opinions, and comments welcomed.

Thanks.

Personally I'd go for the Electra, Little more wow factor should you ever sell it. Also a better geometry for cruising with the crank slightly forward.

Just my opinion of coarse Trek makes some awesome bikes too. I had a Trek 4300 mountain bike and it was my favorite bike out of most I have owned but I think the cruiseliner is on Trek's lower end.

It is a discontinued model.
Aluminum frame with internal 3 speed and coaster brakes.
I believe that the Cruiser Classic was the single, the Cruiserline a 3 speed, and the Calypso a seven. All built from the same frame, more or less.

I was actually looking at the Electra Coaster at another shop(wasn't too crazy about the new graphics), but went online and saw the Sparker.
The sales guy said that I would have to special order one, and to save on shipping (Hawaii) I would have to wait until the next order goes in, since I missed the current one. Unfortunately it would not be for several months.

Kind of gave up on that idea, and was ready to pick up the Trek when the manager called me saying that their Electra shipment came in, and a Sparker was included.

Too many choices, but I need to decide soon, or miss out on both.

The Electra has more cool factor, but for me, economics prevail. Buy the Trek and you have $300 left for customizing it.

i just bought the sparker special a few weeks ago myself. i love it. i thought about it for a few weeks because i really wanted something to customize, and i just cant see changing much on the sparker. but finally bit the bullet. the only electras i didn't test ride were the choppers like the straight 8 or ratfink. i wasn't spending that much cash so i didn't even want to know. one thing i noticed with electras when people are selling them used they still want good money.

Latest posts

Back