What's a Tandem Bike worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found an old shwinn tadem bike... needs completely rebuilt, missing the front seat and that's about it, but everything is rusty.

I was thinking of buying it and rebuilding it and selling it, seems like when I see one they are really expensive.

What's one worth after it's been rebuilt??

Thanks for the help fellas!

200-300 seems to be the average selling rate for an old working tandem around here. i got lucky and picked a decent 69 schwinn twinn 2speed off craigslist for 150, needed nothing. all of those are original condition bikes in fair shape though. Seems tandems are a small window of shoppers. I was always told the two happiest memories of a tandem are the day you get it and the day you sell it, i happen to like ours though :)

CCR said:
Seems tandems are a small window of shoppers. I was always told the two happiest memories of a tandem are the day you get it and the day you sell it, i happen to like ours though :)
You could always advertise as a "Divorce Bike" to increase your target market. :wink:

Well this one will need to be completely redone, so I'm hoping that if I can get it for less than $30 I'll scoop it up and redo everything and resell it.

Around here, old single-speed tandems go for $100-$200 or so in rideable shape. Supply is limited, but so is demand. You can't do too much work on it and get your money back even if it's free to begin with.

Back