What's cooking?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come to Canada and give it a try I'll meet you there, although maine is pretty good to, Nova Scotia excellent heck just come up the coast we'll eat lobster for a week
I'm trying to justify the travel versus the "eating lobster for a week" offer. I mean, G-maps has it at, what?
14 hours driving or 21.5 hour flight? How's that possible? How long is a stop over at Saint John? Anyway,
I think it's worth the trip. Lobster for a week! Yes. My arteries will thank you.

1729654636453.png

I'm trying to justify the travel versus the "eating lobster for a week" offer. I mean, G-maps has it at, what?
14 hours driving or 21.5 hour flight? How's that possible? How long is a stop over at Saint John? Anyway,
I think it's worth the trip. Lobster for a week! Yes. My arteries will thank you.

View attachment 282390
You can burn off calories in the way Maine PEI and Nova Scotia all have killer trails

View attachment 282390

If you take a boat you can eat seafood all the way there and all the way back. But who knows what that would cost or how long it would take?

Back in 1956 my dad was serving on a “secret” offshore radar platform. It had microwave communications with Cape Cod and was below Nova Scotia, about where you see the X in my map.
E4F404ED-A8AC-4CD6-8F62-DD9DEA30C0CB.jpeg

That one was disassembled decades ago, but there’s another one that went down with 42 men, in a storm, and it sits on the bottom about 50 miles south of my X, on the edge of the continental shelf.

Back in 1956 my dad was serving on a “secret” offshore radar platform. It had microwave communications with Cape Cod and was below Nova Scotia, about where you see the X in my map.
View attachment 282581
That one was disassembled decades ago, but there’s another one that went down with 42 men, in a storm, and it sits on the bottom about 50 miles south of my X, on the edge of the continental shelf.

Wow. Talk about a dangerous duty station. Sounds like an early warning radar station.
Protecting us from the pesky Russkies! I had never heard of that other "Lost at Sea"
incident until now. Very sad to loose that many people and the rig. Must've been an
incredible storm out there. I get scared in 3 foot choppy waves. My very best regards
to your father and his service. 🫡 🇺🇸

Wow. Talk about a dangerous duty station. Sounds like an early warning radar station.
Protecting us from the pesky Russkies!…

Exactly. That gave us about 45 minutes warning before they hit New England.

The data is on Wikipedia and other places on the Internet, if you want to look up “the Texas towers”.
7808EB60-24A3-460D-BBFC-CB80733F1F12.jpeg

Latest posts

Back