What's the Starngest Offer You received via a Craigslist Ad?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All or most of us here have posted a for sale ad on Craigslist from time to time. I myself have sold lots of stuff on Craigslist over the last 4 years. Mostly bike stuff. We probably have all seen the typical spam and the "I'll have my assistant arrange for a pick up blah blah blah." Recently, I have had a rash of strange trade offers for one particular bike I have posted. Click on the link under original post below to see the bike I have for sale. Maybe it's the colors I used? I've been offered a 5'9" WRV surfboard, a limited edition Pabst Blue Ribbon long-board, (had to ask my son what that is, found out it's a skateboard) and yesterday, the strangest of all. This one involved the use of illicit drugs. Here is a cut and paste of the email I received:

Jagger Ferguson | [email protected] | Add to Contacts
Friday, Sep 21 09:20 PM | Show Details | View source

Free Agent BMX (All New Parts!) - $150 (Great Bridge)
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

contacting you about your post i was wondering if you could lower the price if i smoked you up. you would be hitting out of a 600 dollar dual perc bong. if that offer dosent appeal to you whats the lowest you would drop it?

Original post:
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/bik/3247230993.html
If this email is a scam or spam please flag it now:
http://www.craigslist.org/flag/20120922 ... Coc0KCQCAg

I'm dumbfounded that anyone would send an email of this nature even through craigslist. I obviously won't respond to this email but wow! Makes me shake my head. What's the strangest offer you have received?

That's hilarious. I had one guy who wanted to trade me a real live 3 foot long alligator and tank for a bike I had. I declined. Although it would be great for protecting my bikes. The karate monkey didn't work out so well.
grandmas-boy.jpg

I got offered a boxflex 9000 and a treadmill for my bike.

Still got the bike. :lol:

Getting weed offers on craigslist is weird?? :shock:
Man this place is a bit conservative, Not a surprise though, just by reading through the "how old are you" thread.
Tatts and Weed are the #1 currency on Cl :lol:

I got offered two pythons and a bunch of small lizards for a truck that i wanted to sell, I didn't think that was crazy, but def RANDOM.

Haven't really recieved any weird offers but I am pretty sick of people wanting to email you a thousand times wanting you to come down on price, meet them in another town or talk you down then meet them on the other side of town. People around here are very needy, usually after all that and I have declined, I spam them so I won't ever have to deal with em again.

I recently posted my F-250 on CL, and a guy wanted to trade me a three bedroom 1 bath house on a one acre lot. I thought he was busting my chops at first, but he was serious.

Doug

DougTimme said:
I recently posted my F-250 on CL, and a guy wanted to trade me a three bedroom 1 bath house on a one acre lot. I thought he was busting my chops at first, but he was serious.

Doug
We have a lot of people want to trade houses for vehicles here. Usually they have the house paid off but can't sell it and need a vehicle to leave town with. I went to look at ahouse for sale for $7K, 3bdrm 2 ba. I asked him why the low price. He said $7k would get a decent car and some startin up money in a different state.

Back