What's up from Cali!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my name is Abel..I'm from Los Angeles and I like to restore vintage bikes. below is a pic of my 1962 Schwinn Racer 2 speed kickback. I am starting on a new project and am hoping that this site can help guide me in the direction I need to get the things I need and along the way make some new friends

1o6gsz.jpg

cman said:
Very clean bike. What paint did you use? some from Hyperformance?

Welcome to Ratdom

Thank you, A bike shop in Carson CA. did the paint for me,I believe the paint was called brilliant RED...It's the closest color to the original paint...

abel01 said:
cman said:

Welcome to Ratdom

Thank you, A bike shop in Carson CA. did the paint for me,I believe the paint was called brilliant RED...It's the closest color to the original paint...
Was it Felix Bicycles or is it the one off of carson st?

chimichanga said:
abel01 said:
cman said:

Welcome to Ratdom

Was it Felix Bicycles or is it the one off of carson st?

yes it's in Carson...off Carson st and Dolores.....Carson Schwinn...He does great work!

chimichanga said:
Yeah! They are a couple that run that store. They are really nice. I've bought some parts from them before.

yup that's them....this is what it looked like when he painted it......

2ntg0v8.jpg

I actually did all the work myself,except for the paint and chrome...ebay has done wonders for my bike....decals,tires ETC.

Welcome, nice Racer... my '71 Racer is that color too... but not quite as pretty.

Well Done .... Welcome......

See ya in Sacramento some time ok ....

Best wishes from the Knight Clan

Stephen / Wingman

Latest posts

Back