What's your favorite Tool?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my fav tool is the gigantic adjustable wrench i steel all the time from my dads tool box lol , its perfect for all the different bikes i have that have either standard or metric size nuts and bolts . works great on headsets , cranksets, rear big drop out bolts .. i should just buy it off of him

I don't know if I'd say he's necessarily my favorite... :mrgreen: :p

deorman said:
deorman said:
000_0003-5.jpg

Beatcad and I from another thread. He's wearing a hat. :)
Rinse :mrgreen: , repeat.

I like Percusion wrenches , Bridgport mills & Tig welders ..... not nessaceraly in that order ok .

my new favorite tool is a my press ... not the typical bike tool , but its great to straighten junk frames , bend forks / chain stay / handlebars .. double as a long-board press :mrgreen:

well, I'm thinking these must be some of my favorites, cuz they never get put away.

8023109367_d48cf6653c_b.jpg

grandpa's WWII era wood handle screwdriver and pliers are in the pile.

I'm sorry Mr. C.P. Odem ..... that would be a hammer ok ... AKA Prcusion device or sometimes refered to around the shop as the Artiliary around here when things get stuck.

Wingman;
Very cool. The same one we always referred to as the "Schwinn Tool" or when working on British cars and motorcycles as "Thor".

Now ya got it lol.
It's kinda out there with the made out of [b"]Unobtainum"[/b] thing .... ( Refering to the custom , 1 of a kind , hand made , if ya want one , design & make it type of things, devices, parts, cool things ect that litter the earth lurking the as Customs or Cool Thinginymabobs .

Anything that contains a " How did he do that or how did he think of that" kinda comment or thought attached to them have traces of Unobtaimum involved in them.

Wow ... that is out there lol .... I cant believe I said all this lol ....

Wingman Leader back to base for grub ..Out ..........

PS ..

Mr.C.P. Odem,
are you a CNC program writer or developer by chance ??
Over

Wingman;

I am a designer/CAD operator. The CNC programming is done by others.

Sooo you draw it, they attach Datum, G Codes & X,Y & Z 0.000000 #'s to it & its all ready to go to the floor for proof / first artical rite ....oor close
Hope Im not showing too many cards here lol.
Are you a Master Cam User ??

I do 3D solid models (parts and assemblies) in Pro-Engineer followed by 2D detail drawings.
The shop uses my exported 3D .iges models to program with Mastercam. The drawings are used for inspection.

when i see that tool i instantly think of maple syrup .. as i never used it other than for opening a can of it :)

Latest posts

Back