Whats your job?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys im coming to the end of school and have to pick my options for 6 form/ collage i was wondering what you guys do or did? Trying to figure out what i wanna do :)

Started detailing cars in my garage to make ends meet during unemployment years ago and never stopped because I built it into a profitable business. Finish Line Detailing and Accessories Inc.

I'd say if I had the money to go to college I'd take business management and something I would love to do such as auto repair and restoration. Or building bikes :mrgreen: Right now I'm working in a dead end mechanic job, at a friend's shop, no benefits other than getting to joyride....Um....TEST drive a lot of sweet cars. :wink: But I know there are some worse off than me so I don't complain about it.

Looks like you all have pritty cool jObs :D collage is free over here so no worries on the front hehe

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I am currently a school student :mrgreen: And will be for a while :cry:
Hehe its not so bad man im scared to leave school! Oh well more ££ for bikes! Haha

Mmm i need to find a job that includes bikes and IT haha or i think id be happy enough working in a bike shop :) decisions decisons.... :roll:

I've switched jobs a lot over my life, I've worked in a puzzle factory, meat packing plant, Auto body shop, auto detailing, fast food, lawn care, construction, Demolition and cleanup, and the mechanic shop I'm at now. They all sucked but hey a job is a job.

I have been in the building trade for over 40 years. The company that I work for is celebrating their 40 th which I have been with for 33 years. In all that time I have collected one week of unemployment when I was 27 years old. I am the lead foreman for our Service Department. We have Builders, Painting, and Plumbing Departments along with a Property Managment and Property Watch.

My job consist of running projects from window and door replacement to hanging a flowerpot for some old lady. I have fixed the toughest of leaks and done all kinds of finish work. I have inhaled everything from toxic to the finest molds and rodent droppings. I have survived bitter damp cold and Green Head Flys in the summer heat. I have been nagged and insulted by the richest customers and had the best cookies and ice tea from the sweetest old lady. I have removed and replaced five church steeples. I have met many hard working men and women at my job, trusting all of them. After all of this I learn something new everyday. I wouldn't say that I love my job but I'm ok with it.

Here are a few pictures from the last two weeks.

An old man forgot which was the gas and which was the brake. Shows offending wall removed. We jacked up the car on blocks and drove it out. Brakes were fine.
BrakeLeftOrRight.jpg

I'm working window replacements inserts from Andersen Windows down on Water Street in Chatham at the Chatham Cut. The windows are about 125 to 150 years old I would guess. Thats the Atlantic outside the surf. The Great White Sharks feed on seals out here. Great fun to watch from the beach.
WaterStChatham-01.jpg

WaterStChatham-02.jpg

Graylock

my job is.... well....lookin for a job ....LOL and messing with bikes ....but that dosent pay real well ....i seem 2 spend way more than i make ...oh well its fun

I work in a zoo.
No,really I run the operations and maintenance in the Queens Zoo here in Flushing Meadows for the Wildlife Conservation Society. My better half is a zoo keeper in the Bronx Zoo.

I've worked for the same communications company for over 30 years. I climb poles. Fallen off a few. Crawl under houses and up in attics. Work in residences, businesses, factories, you name it. Nicest homes to the filthiest rat & roach infested homes. Work outside in -10 degree weather to +110. In rain sleet and snow. Had my life threatened a few times. Failed to save a life once. Sex, drugs, crime, violence, domestic violence, disasters, I've experienced or witnessed it all through my job. Several dog bites. Tons of wasp stings. Done work for President Clinton, Vice President Cheney, Russian President Boris Yeltzen and a few celebrities.
All in all I like the work I do and have had a lot of great, bizarre and exciting experiences through my work.

Video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88UAsxuVrY4

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

white_house_certificate.jpg

junk_house.jpg

Latest posts

Back