Whats your job?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was, and probably still am-if I decide to pick up the brush again, an artist many moons ago. Been in commercial and residential construction for almost 20 years as a General contractor until the construction industry took a dive.... :cry: became unemployed... now I work in a helicopter manufacturing plant. :| :| :| I don't make as much as I use to, but It pays the bills. :| :| :|

...But I did invest in a coffee company before the recession, that is beginning to do well :D ( why Coffee you ask? because it is the second largest commodity next to oil - rich and poor people drink coffee)

I have been an HVAC service tech and Appliance repair guy for the past 10 years and still going strong. :D

Maybe I should give up on the automotive industry and become a mortician, no angry people, no getting lied to, no threats, no blame no getting cursed at ....... it's.....peaceful........ and recession proof :lol: :lol: :lol:, If anything work might pick up a little...... :roll: And I'd get to drive a sick hearse.... :mrgreen: I wonder how many bikes I can fit in the back of a hearse....... :lol:

I started at 17 in a union bricklayer apprenticeship. Finished that in 4 years and laid brick commercially for 15 years. Decided that old bricklayers didn't have much of a future. I changed to being a Police Officer. I did 22 years and got a pretty good retirement. I can live like I did and never have to work again , if I don't get stupid and buy really expensive toys. I really liked the construction industry , because I learned all phases of construction . I loved the Police Dept. because it let me retire at a fairly early age....55. Its been good so far. Do wish I had gotten into politics at a young age. I would be rich by now. :lol:

Did auto body for 7 years, then worked for the US postal Service for 34 years in a Bulk Mail Center (BMC). A Bulk Mail Center is NOT your typical PO job. You're constantly lifting 70lb mail sacks (all day) or moving containers that weigh over 1000lbs. After major rotator cuff tears, knee replacement, and disc problems, it was time to leave....Got a good pension, I EARNED it! My wife is still working, so I knew my new found retirement was going to be short-lived. With her going to work and me waiving bye-bye (in my underwear) every morning, just wasn't gonna cut it.....So for the last year I've been working for a Mazda dealership as a Runner. I LOVE it! You want it, they find, it I go get it. I get to travel ALL of New England, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (Canada to the Poconos)....They also do Internet sales. You wouldn't believe how many cars are sold online. This dealership will deliver the car to your door.....That's where I come in. :D

KOTA said:
Did auto body for 7 years, then worked for the US postal Service for 34 years in a Bulk Mail Center (BMC). A Bulk Mail Center is NOT your typical PO job. You're constantly lifting 70lb mail sacks (all day) or moving containers that weigh over 1000lbs. After major rotator cuff tears, knee replacement, and disc problems, it was time to leave....Got a good pension, I EARNED it! My wife is still working, so I knew my new found retirement was going to be short-lived. With her going to work and me waiving bye-bye (in my underwear) every morning, just wasn't gonna cut it.....So for the last year I've been working for a Mazda dealership as a Runner. I LOVE it! You want it, they find, it I go get it. I get to travel ALL of New England, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (Canada to the Poconos)....They also do Internet sales. You wouldn't believe how many cars are sold online. This dealership will deliver the car to your door.....That's where I come in. :D

That does sound like fun, and it's Mazda.....Zoom Zoom :mrgreen:

Hey Kota I don't have a problem standing in the door in my undies and waving bye to my wife while she goes to work. That is why I married a much younger woman....kinda like a 401K. :wink: I may be old ,but I'm not stupid. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey Kota I don't have a problem standing in the door in my undies and waving bye to my wife while she goes to work. That is why I married a much younger woman....kinda like a 401K. :wink: I may be old ,but I'm not stupid. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I've always liked fast cars and fast women. Now that I'm older, I can only pick one...I can still handle a fast car! :roll:

Laid off graphic designer. Just had a second interview today with Sheetz Bros. Kitchen. They supply all of the Sheetz stores with pre-made sandwiches and stuff like that. It has nothing to do with my degree but it pays more than I am making now, has 401k and I'm tired of not having a job especially with a baby on the way in September.

Back