WHEEEEEELIE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it is RACKED AND READY. I will start with the wheels, then the fork and then the running gear. Have fun
EDD493C4-0D67-405A-A117-F9364ED7CDCF.jpeg

That should look cool as a muscle bike.

Mags and frame look great together! Can't wait to see the 'naner and riser bars on there!

That is too rad, I've thought about mags and a nanner on a Spesh MX for a while. Should be pretty cool. What stem are you using?

How much leg room do you need? I tried slamming the seat on my MX muscle conversion, and it was really really hard to pedal with it down. Set the cranks to 12 and 6 and you'll get an idea about where your knees will be at the top of the stroke.
I prefer the black seat with the crossbar apes, maybe the tall sissy

212190-3E0816BB-7CC2-4E1E-A4D7-2ECCEBEB0CDA.jpeg

I like this one if you can set that sissy up to the top setting and the seat at the highest setting just to get an idea for how that goes visually. Plus as Matti said it will really help make it usable

I'm really digging the ramshorns and tall sissy. But I agree, the second mock up fits the frame style better. What are your paint plans? Wild metal flake colors might go well with the 1st option. And maybe an extended springer. Looking good, either way!!

I think I will need 2 seat settings. 1 for riding and 1 for pictures. I like the tall bars with the tall sissy and the rams horn with the short sissy. I have been thinking heavy metal flake for the paint also. Maybe a silver base with color accent. I have just found a 20 inch springer in my pile. I should mock it up, I think they make a conversation kit to go from 11/8 to 1 inch Bearings. Thanks for all of your input. These build off‘S are the most fun you can have with your clothes on😄

It’s been a good week. I have got some more work done. I stripped the decals off. Then I had to find away to put the sissy bar on as the axle is to short to attach the sissy bar. the shape of the rear stays prevent (they are to wide) the sissy bar From going on so I added bolts to the front of the dropouts, this still leaves me with room to put the wheel on and gives the sissy a little more rake. I still have a little more grinding to do. Then I had to make a coller for the fork bearing cups to fit the steer tube, I hawged out a 1 1/8 spacer and press fit it on to the bearing cups. Now the springer will fit nicely. Soon I can start to sand the frame. I still have not pick the colours Or tires yet. I also have to start to prep wheel’s for paint.
474C13F4-4DCE-4245-8F12-2086932CF086.jpeg
63C41067-EFD5-493C-BF49-3C2E6716D8FA.jpeg
10065702-4461-4ADE-8F5C-51C9E20982C8.jpeg

Latest posts

Back