Where do I find a Tank for my Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DadsBike.jpeg

I have been told this is a 50-51 CWC Road Master Frame. Is there other information I need such as dimensions for the tank and where would I find one?

Well, Let me get the obvious places out of the way,. Here, if someone has one.
You can post in the "Wanted" Section of the forums for anything Bike related you're looking for, from Head-Badges of specific sorts to Specific make and model Tanks for your Bicycle. It might be a while before someone tugs on the post depending on the rarity of the part, but people tend to be pretty helpful.

There is local Flea Markets, sometimes you get lucky and find the right make and model someones got for cheap [Craigslist applies to this rule] and often times you find it for cheaper than you expected..

I scored some Elgin skirts at a local Antiques Mall, where several people [Vendors] have spots set up to sell things through the Antiques business in question. Its not often you find what you need/like at one much less at an affordable rate, but again..sometimes you luck out.

Last of the run is Evilbay [Ebay].. Its usually the last option of builders and connoisseurs here, but if your S.O.L. on the other options and the ones that will follow my post, Evilbay is your place.. type in the brand of the bike and "Head badge" you should get what you're looking for at three times the decent cost.
[Amazon Applies]

I found many good items at good prices on places that people complain about all the time. Sometimes I wonder if they are really looking for parts or just use this as a soapbox to complain about other places. If a person is looking they do an Intense search and get the part you need. They Win...

I just looked on ebay and there's a few with a straight bottom for the price I quoted. Just type in roadmaster bicycle tank and it will pull em up for ya.
Rebel 56 So your talking of the Red one with the chrome back/top?

Yes sir. There's also a black one down the page. I got a buddy that has a 54 roadmaster and he bought one of these and fit just fine. I dunno if that's exactly what you're looking for but was just trying to help
I'm new at this, so I didn't know what to expect....Identical or just one that fits....I guess it's what you want. Who would know when it's done? I do see both of them though...thanks for the help....

I'm new at this, so I didn't know what to expect....Identical or just one that fits....I guess it's what you want. Who would know when it's done? I do see both of them though...thanks for the help....
I've been collecting bikes for years and everyone else on here will agree with me. The bike is the cheap part the accessories are the wallet breakers. That tank will fit and you can always give it a "rust"oration or if you're repainting the entire bike you can paint to match. You can always play the waiting game, in this hobby patience is your best friend but 9 times outa 10 an original paint original tank will run you $200-$400. Good luck with it and ask any of us questions. The kool thing about this site is people will help you where some other bike forums will criticize.

Back