Where do you get your tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious where people are buying their tires other than the bike shops? My K-mark has reasonably priced tires, but are limited on what sizes are available. Also no whitewalls available there either. Does someone have a good source on the net to buy from? I am particularly looking for tires to fit my s7 rims.

CCR said:
Don't forget chimi too, he's a member on the site and has some pretty good deals going

viewtopic.php?t=38659

Most of my tires I end up getting from swap meets. I get my new ThickBricks from Felt’s website. They are $29.99 ea plus shipping. Outside that, I try to find things at Amazon. We get free shipping on a lot of stuff through some preferred member thing. Niagara is also a great place to buy from.

Chimi is the man as well!

Dunhams sporting goods has some decent looking tires for $9.99, both 26" and 20". I also get my mountain bike tires there, especially for a bike I want to flip, if I don't have anything decent to put on it already. Decent prices on tubes, too. It's getting tougher and tougher to find a new bike tire for less than $10 anymore. Even Walmart doesn't carry tires for that cheap anymore.

Take a look at Thumasbikes.com for Schwinn replacement tires. Other good bike items from a small company, good customer service. I buy from them on a regular basis. Leo

I try to use my LBS. They've ordered me S5 and 26x 1.75 tires, and usually get them in 2-3 days.

Almost all of mine come from the lbs. Occasionally I'll walmart or eBay them. My creams came from junkrustybikes

Most my tires are pulled from huffy and next bikes I scavenge parts from. On the rare occasion I do buy tires I shop around eBay or Amazon and find what's cheapest.

I get most of my tires from Chimi too. He recently ordered a set of 26 x 2 x 1 3/4 whitewalls for the S7's on the '63 American I'm fixing up for my Dad's Xmas present.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38659

IMAG1169.jpg

I got two sets of tires from Chimi and they were a great price and shipped quickly. I ordered a set of cream Fat Franks from Amazon on Tuesday and they arrived today. Nice thing was they were shipped round in individual boxes. Not folded up. I should have just bought them in the first place but thought I'd be happy with regular size cream tires but they just looked too wimpy. Now to just save up for some wide wheels.

Latest posts

Back