Where to find 26 x 1 3/8 tires...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y'all,
I find myself sprucing up a 1970s Columbia Roadster for my girlfriend. Mechanically it's sound and doesn't really need any work, but it isnt..."pretty"...enough as it sits. It will get paint and soft goods swapped out for nicer items. One thing that has been giving me issues is tires. She has gotten her heart set on having brown tires on it to compliment brown seat and grips. Stock size is 26 x 1 3/8, which really limits what's available. I've looked high and low and can't come up with anything but black. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks!

Kyle

Thanks guys, but she's really wanting all brown, like the 700c delta cruisers. Might just have to go with black, but hard to believe it just doesn't exist! Saw a few from Italy but too $$ after international shipping...

I bet you can fit 700c wheels with 30mm Schwalbe Spicers on that frame, but measure to be sure. You might also look into downsizing to a 559 26" and see how much lateral clearance you have...

Hmm I've got some 559s I was gonna put black tires on for a bike for me, maybe I'll give her those, sure would make getting brown tires easier! That's good thinking, though her wheels are nicer than mine...

Hmm I've got some 559s I was gonna put black tires on for a bike for me, maybe I'll give her those, sure would make getting brown tires easier! That's good thinking, though her wheels are nicer than mine...

Measure your frame clearances and think about increased chances of pedal-strike (depending on how fat you can go, and the length of your crank-arms...) before you proceed.... But you might be able to make it work with some 26x1.5 (559x40) brown rubber....

good point...and the columba has some pretty skinny fenders we were hoping to reuse. Will have to test fit it all with some wheels and tires I've got and see how they clear before I order the brown ones! Thanks for the ideas!

Back