Which site sponser to buy rims from

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Silverbeach,

If you go with the 2.5" rims from Cycles U.S. I can probably help you out with spoke length info (depending on which hubs you use.) I made this switch on my 2012 MP and I'll be honest it is sort of subtle looking change. It was one of those mods that gives the impression that something on the bike is custom but you can't quite put you finger on it. It definitely makes the quick bricks look fatter too. I took the opportunity to paint the rims and hubs to match the frame and I upgraded the hubs (rear 8 speed, front drum brake.) I had the wheels laced up by a pro at Motostrano because I was too scared to do it myself-- besides, I was better off putting my attention on what I do best which was custom paint matching the new parts to the frame.

Here are a few pictures of the wide rims on the bike:
IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0920.JPG

I made lots additional changes to the bike too. There are more changes in the pipeline but I am too distracted by other stuff right now. It looks like you spotted my build thread but here it is if anyone else cares: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62205&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Oh and I for one would love to see you start a thread if you start modifying this thing. Your pics in the Felt thread are the first ones I have seen of the new MP. Congrats on being one of the first in town to get one. I LOVE my 2012 MP. I still stare at it in amazement that it's mine sometimes. It was (and still is) my dream bike.

Regards,

Back