Which Tools Do You Want For Christmas???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LowpowerD said:
sensor said:
Anyone else tension by pitch? :lol:
Yeah, I tension by pitch.
I was going to ask for a Park PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand, but Santa brought my gift early this year.
A 1997 Gibson J-185. It's awesome.

I actually true the wheels on the bike. No truing stand or anything. I just bolt them into place on the frame and spin them and true them by sight, then I hold my finger on the frame rail or fork leg to get a good reference point and fine tune from there. Always worked for me.

outskirtscustoms said:
LowpowerD said:
sensor said:
Anyone else tension by pitch? :lol:
Yeah, I tension by pitch.
I was going to ask for a Park PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand, but Santa brought my gift early this year.
A 1997 Gibson J-185. It's awesome.

I actually true the wheels on the bike. No truing stand or anything. I just bolt them into place on the frame and spin them and true them by sight, then I hold my finger on the frame rail or fork leg to get a good reference point and fine tune from there. Always worked for me.
I've done the same millions of times. It works fine but why did you quote me? I wasn't asking about truing wheels. Just getting the tension correct w/o having to do it by ear(Thus that's why i want a spoke tension gauge :wink: ).
Nice score LowpowerD! I can remember the time Santa brought me my Ric 4003. Ahhhhhh.....good times!

i got pretty much all the bike tools I need, but my regular tools have become so scattered I just decided to bite the bullet and bought this set on black friday (for the same price it is today actually). My last craftsman set was great, i just did a bad job of keeping track of them.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... ockType=G1

I have a good amount of tools, non bike specific. I pick some tools up from time to time when I need them. I think its time I get a park tool set that comes with all the cone wrenches. They are marked down at my lbs. Also a stand and a sand blasting cabinet would-be great.

Back