White tire paint?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Not long ago someone posted some elastic rubber white paint they got to paint white walls. The picture they showed was just an unmarked canister and on the label was had written "elastic rubber paint". I asked the question of what it was and where to get it, but the FB page isn't as good as the forum IMHO because rarely do people answer questions.

I've looked for such a thing, but haven't found any. I want to paint letters on some tires. Any ideas of what it is or where to get it?

I'd try acrylic craft paint they sell at AC Moore or maybe even Walmart. I seem to recall someone using it to repaint the white part of a Schwinn "S" seat. -Adam

WalMart does sell the acrylic craft paint in the crafts section. It's made in the U.S.A. and the small bottles are only like .50 cents IIRC. We've used it for all sorts of stuff around the house. We used one of the green colors on some foam for a outdoor decoration.

What about Plasti-Dip? I think someone 'whitewalled' their Beast tires with it in the last build off. The bike had a 'steam punk' theme to it.
Yeah, I just stumbled upon that. I saw the stuff that Deven posted, but didn't want to spend that much. I came back to this thread to ask if anyone's used it. I'll pick up a can from Lowes and give it a shot.

I've done at least 10 sets of car tires with Snow Seal, which is a trailer roof coating. It's elastic and will not crack off (even on a flat tire) but the key is you have to clean the tire super well with lacquer thinner before brusing it on or they'll turn brown. Works better on tires that are a couple years old, brand new tires tend to be oily.

I've also made redline tires with vinyl dye over white stripes, seems to turn out nice as well.

Back