White Walls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For that price, why bother? Just go to walmart and buy the ww cruiser tires they have there for 12 bucks a pop. WAY cheaper. You need 2 of those things for each tire, plus the actual tire, plus all the time spent trimming to fit. After all that, MAYBE they work, and you're out $50 or more.

I've only ordered from them once or twice, and that was a while ago. I didn't have any problems though. Don't expect top of the line stuff, they're mostly kind of low end lowrider junk, but the tires I got from them are just fine. 20" whitewalls, a slick and a skinny for my Murray Wildcat lowrider/muscle bike.

i think his original question was can they be shaved like car tires and i dont think they are made in the same way. i would think that the spray paint would crack really bad. but i guess as long as you keep the tire pressure up it would work. what about r/c car body paint i know that can flex

I don't think a bike tire can be shaved for 2 reasons:
1. I dont think there is any white under a solid black tire. On cars, the white wall is usually a thin one and the rest of the sidewall is literally shaved down to expose more of the white underneath. I've seen some that looked good, and some that the black still bleeds through the white, giving it a dirty look that constantly needs to be cleaned. I've also seen some that the white that was shaved does not match the white that was the original white wall.

2. bike tire sidewalls are really thin, and I wouldn't want to risk making it thinner. For the money you are going to spend on materials, you could probably buy some whites for the same money, if not less.

My buddy and I were just talking about it and came up with two cheap solutions 1. Paint pen(tons of different colors and easy to touch up) and 2. White out(or Liquid Paper to some)

I'm more broke than a high school kid with no job and I would still just buy the whitewalls. School lunches cost about 5.00 now? Most LBS's (I know not all) will sell you 2.125 whites for $12 each, get em' and be done. Any paint or the like will just get ruined quickly and look terrible.

Back