White Walls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tell me what brands you guys like... the pro's, the con's. i wanna hear everyone's opinion.

I've seen that bikeworlsusa has the best price but they look pretty generic. so... im trying to decide on a compromise between brand name and price. i think i've settled on getting some Bontrager Cruizer's.

2373941544_b519d1ac0b.jpg

alright... let me hear what you think.

im more of a blackwall guy on my bikes lately but i can say the bontrager whitewalls on one of my freinds Raleigh cruisers has held up nice compared to the yellowing sidewall on my wifes schwinn typhoon cord tires. also had kenda(kmart special) whitewall ballooners that have done great, knobbies and street tread tires.

My Worksman Industrial Bike came with blackwall tires, and I like the way they look. I got to noticing that EVERY fat-tire bike out there seems to have whitewalls, so that's a good reason for me to stick with blackwalls. I wound up having to mail order them. Come to think of it, I might could have gotten more expensive mountain bike tires locally with blackwall, but not the normal ol' tires.

i think the schwalbes just have the logo on the tread. but you gotta accept the fact that its all about marketing and the most noticeable spot for a logo is on the giant white billboard on the side. :)

i kinda like the bontrager logo.

im definitly gonna run blackwalls for some of our other projects... but my main ride is gonna be a classic rat rod.

Most of my bikes are sportin' black walls.
The wifes bike has whitewalls, but I just bought gumwalls for it.

Truly, a cool colored wheel and a blackwall looks slick.

On the other hand my 52 shwinn is getting brick red tires,
that's gonna hurt the wallet though.

yeah. Penny wants red tires for her stingray... but they seem to be impossible to find for 20" s7 rims. we might convert it to standard rims, cause you can get red bmx tires for like $10.

by the way... how would one pronounce your username? is it like art "gecko"?

I like Kendas, they look sorta like Carlisle Lightnings. They do yellow though, and if you get a hand print on there it'll turn brown, trust me! I had to splurge for repop Westwinds for my 56 Corvette though, they were $59 on ebay, which is about as cheap as I've seen 'em! ~Adam

Mr. Farrell said:
by the way... how would one pronounce your username? is it like art "gecko"?

Yeah, it's Kind of a play on Art Deco.
I'm in Miami, I'm an artist and I dig reptiles.
Plus Arthur Geco could be the long lost relative
of the Richie and Seth Geco,,,
Quentin_Tarantino_George_Clooney_Dusk_till_dawn.jpg

thanx for the advice adam. i was just thinkin about kenda's too.

thanx Geco. it bugs me if i dont know for sure... cause when i see it, i say it my head and dont know if it's right. yeah... i over-analyze sometimes :roll:

btw... check out that face on clooney. ha.

Yeah, and the kenda, k-mart specials, Boy do they ever squeel and leave a nice dark black mark on blacktop :)

Bikeworld USA has the Grand Tycoon Whitewalls that look like Schwinn Typhoon Cords, brick tread pattern, for $13 each. They had the Kenda solid whites for a short while but they are gone now.

Personally I like the Columbia Supreme repops because they have the squared-off tread surface with the concave drops on either side, they're very classic looking. Second behind those are Kenda Super Primas because the look classic also and are better quality than the Schwinn repops at about half the price.

yeah.. i've seen the grand tycoons. i might consider those. are they prone to yellowing?

any idea where i can find pis of the kenda super primas? i looked on the kenda site and couldnt find em.

Mr. Farrell said:
yeah.. i've seen the grand tycoons. i might consider those. are they prone to yellowing?

any idea where i can find pis of the kenda super primas? i looked on the kenda site and couldnt find em.

I have no idea which ones yellow, I don't own any Grand Tycoons, I'd think Bleach White would take out most of the yellow if it happend. (if one were prone to worrying about that sort of thing)

I got my Super Primas on ebay.

Latest posts

Back