Who has redone their build off bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know i cant be the only one :| Who out there has redone their build off bike since the final photos..I will start with mine at the end of the build off
edit3.jpg
and redone today
001-23.jpg
002-25.jpg
003-19.jpg

Mine was perfect, so no changes. :p :oops: :shock:
Love the changes you made!!!
I have really been enjoying the heck out of mine as it was. Other than tweaking bolts, no changes yet.

kingfish254 said:
Mine was perfect, so no changes. :p :oops: :shock:
Love the changes you made!!!
I have really been enjoying the heck out of mine as it was. Other than tweaking bolts, no changes yet.
A lot of the build off bikes are perfect mine wasn't. The original forks I had in mind rubbed the tire and I never was crazy about the tube fork but I ran out of time :shock:

I am thinking about swapping out the front fork on my Higgins. I found the ratty X53 frame that was originally attached to my X53 fork.

My friend Oz had the X53 frame/fork. I only wanted the fork at the time. About a month later, he sold the frame. I took my Lil Tiger in to have it powdercoated at my friend Brian's shop and he mentioned that he had the X53 and hasn't done anything with it. I am considering trying to buy the X53.

I have a nice beehive Higgins, so I am contemplating putting the beehive on my Higgins and then doing something cool with the X53 frame/fork.

scrumblero said:
its the next one in line. I am stripping it bare and going a whole different direction with it.. :lol:

I'm in this boat too - mine is likely going from Bonneville hot rod to klunker. Seems like the best thing to do with it, I'm not using it as is. I think a klunker would be a bit more fun to ride. I think I'll hang the custom bodywork on the wall (it's "art", right?) and repurpose several of the components that went into it.

I changed the tires, seat, and bars on mine. I had some old bull horn bars on it, and some bontrager hanks and an old deep spring saddle. Never really intended to keep the hanks, switched them out for some Bontrager G1's and went with a nanner seat and apes.

6a401730e4f011e1a7f71231380ff15b_7.jpg

IMG_20121021_180257-1.jpg

It's great seeing all of these build off bikes being used and modded further.

Put back the stock fork and swapped on my old Duro knobbies for the mis-matched tires, and a stock type 46t sprocket instead of the Haro 44t. Handles a little freer and good pedal response. 8) On the other hand, riding up hill makes me feel my age. :roll: :lol:

GEDC0010.jpg

I never do. Why mess with perfection! :lol:
Okay seriously I do a lot.
RRBBO#2:
100_0463.jpg

RRBBO#6:
IMG_0204.jpg

And the wife's riding it in this form now:
IMG_0088.jpg
Still trying to find so original b6 fenders and the 6 hole rack is on it again. So it'll be back to stock form at some point in time(too bad I sold all the parts I'm looking for years ago!).
RRBBO#4:
zep5920092.jpg

Is getting redone for my son for next year or so and it's actually a lot further along than that I just haven't taken pictures of it in a while:
IMG_0094.jpg

The one I did for the RRBKids bike build off:
20orlessfinalpics002-1.jpg

and 2 years ago:
IMG_0192.jpg

Much better with the correct size crank and fat tires!

Back