whomhead: From the shadow of the Golden Dome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Just got into this whole Rat Rod thing recently, when I purchased my Electra Vince.

I used to be into freestyle bikes back in the late 80's (I still have my 88 GT Pro Freestyle Tour).
When I got my first car in highschool, bikes were pretty much irrelevant to me. lol

Last summer, my wife and I decided a good way to drop a few pounds would be to get bikes to ride around the subdivision.
I hit Craigslist and found some nice his & hers Schwinn Suburbans (same color red, but mine is a 82, hers is a 69). Well, the wife hates hers, so they both basically hung on the ceiling of the garage all summer.

This year I decided we're going to do it right and get new comfort bikes. She fell in love with Townies, so we went to the local shop to see some, and low and behold- I saw my Vince. I immediately knew I had to have it- I just loved the classic looks of it. When I saw the price tag ($399 marked down from $679) it sealed the deal.

Needless to say, the wife didn't find a bike she liked- she's a little iffy on the Townies now that she saw them in person, but hey- at least I have my ride!

In any event, I plan on riding the rubber off of this bad boy- its not going to be a garage queen by any means. That's not to say I'm going to beat on it, but kid gloves will not be worn when riding! :)

So, that's why I'm here.

Glad to meet ya!

:D Welcome! Seen yer cycle inthe gallery and it looks really great! .......Also, as your a 'Hoosier' What the heck is a real Hoosier? My young sons loves the English band of the same name [as do me and the wife!!] and they even have an old licence plate from Indiana 'cos it has Hoosiers on! Whats the real story behind the name????

Boris said:
:D Welcome! Seen yer cycle inthe gallery and it looks really great! .......Also, as your a 'Hoosier' What the heck is a real Hoosier? My young sons loves the English band of the same name [as do me and the wife!!] and they even have an old licence plate from Indiana 'cos it has Hoosiers on! Whats the real story behind the name????
haha! I've often wondered what Hoosier meant myself!

Wikipedia sheds some light: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoosier

Back