WHOSE IS THIS?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tumblr_lsqnr1rD4d1qfs7l5o1_500.jpg

its so simple and beautiful and i need to see more pictures of it :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
The junction of "tubes" at the head tubes makes it look like cast aluminium. That can't be, can it? Absolutely stunning. Thanks for posting. Where did you find it?

Crash, whadda ya mean? Is that the name brand or the type or...?

Girvin/Proflex made those forks for mountain bikes back in the nineties. I'm using one on my stretch now..
SAM_0032.jpg

They're getting hard to find, though...

German students from a Hamburg school made that as a prototype a few years ago. Nice!

CRASH said:
jackdaw said:
Crash, whadda ya mean? Is that the name brand or the type or...?
Opps! Staying up too late.... I meant Proflex. Brand. It's an inverted suspension fork design, very unique. I've seen a couple builds with them, and it really stands out.

0.jpg

i've been wanting one of those. got a confederate wraith idea that's ben bubbling in my head, but the auctions always go for way more than i've got.

edit: i usually just see the forks, but the whole proflex bike has the look i'd like to try, only stretched out a bit.

found it just surfing round tumblr, i think the whole front end is aluminum bolted to the steel rear. in a little bigger picture there looks to be a bolt there at the center

snydur said:
so all ive found out with reverse image searching is that this is considered a "prototype", prototype to what? i dont know, but if it is a production bike then tell me where to stand in line.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54307735@N00/5134929679/
heres a bigger picture where you cann see the front and rear are two different halves

Dorian said:
German students from a Hamburg school made that as a prototype a few years ago. Nice!

Student design project, or prototype. An educational exercise.

Dorian

snydur said:
tumblr_lsqnr1rD4d1qfs7l5o1_500.jpg

its so simple and beautiful and i need to see more pictures of it :shock:
simple is beautiful! K.I.S.S. :wink:
thankg for posting that.hadnt seen it before :mrgreen:
as for the fork...those girvins are nice but they kinda bug me since it always looks like a evil empire assembled bike(you know...wally!fork backwards)...

big kountry said:
Is that a Villers motor or B.S.A an the cast aluminium frame is the bomb 8)

Sweet little motor, I wonder what the power is. This guy did an awesome job. I wonder how he cast his frame? Maybe he had a foundry do it. Beautiful.

Back