Why are so many bike shows/swaps on Sundays?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Seems like every time I see a bicycle swap or show near me (normally 100-200 miles away) they are on a Sunday. I work at a church, and even if I didn't I would be attending AM and PM so my Sundays are no good for anything "in between." Is this typical? Just seems Saturday would be the better day to me, but maybe all the swappers and show-ers are busy Saturday with yard sales and flea markets...

Here's one: http://eastnc.craigslist.org/bik/3356120441.html , 202 mmiles from me, this Sunday, worthless to me. :cry:

Maybe I need to give up.

For our events I chose Sunday because i knew some people worked on Saturday and I also wanted our LBSs to be able to participate at our events and they are open Saturdays and also working. I figure on Sundays that church-going folks can maybe attend part of the day.

menzorro said:
Sounds like a good opportunity to organize a Saturday bike show for your section of NC and Va. With a few flyers and some craigslist ads you might start something that would be a lot of fun.

Many times it has crossed my mind, I think having it in Emporia, VA would be a great place, 20 miles from me, right on I-95 less than 100 miles from Richmond, VA or Rocky Mount, NC. Who's in?

Rat Rod said:
Fortunately the two that happen in the North Texas area are always on Saturdays. :D

Put your emoticon away! :x

aka_locojoe said:
For our events I chose Sunday because i knew some people worked on Saturday and I also wanted our LBSs to be able to participate at our events and they are open Saturdays and also working. I figure on Sundays that church-going folks can maybe attend part of the day.

If an event was closer than 100-200 miles away I could do a Sunday afternoon, but I don't have any LBShops around here to consider.

Most of our events are held at LBSs so they enjoy the extra business that the gatherings bring when they are open. :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Most of our events are held at LBSs so they enjoy the extra business that the gatherings bring when they are open. :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh!!! he so went there with the emoticons !!!! :shock: :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
Rat Rod said:
Oh!!! he so went there with the emoticons !!!! :shock: :lol:

I could just edit his post and take them out, but he has more power than me. :lol:

Feel the same way, but its only a problem between the months of October - late January :D

here in Florida i have copme across a few meets my problem is there on saturdays and it coinsides with my sons football games... and now that his season is over i bet they stop the saturday meets all together...

A church about 15 miles from my house has a bicycle swap meet in their parking lot one Saturday a month. Maybe you could try that at your church? The church makes money on the space rent, and they have food for sale and a raffle.

yoothgeye said:
Seems like every time I see a bicycle swap or show near me (normally 100-200 miles away) they are on a Sunday.

Type "bicycle swap meet sydney australia" into google and then see if you still feel hard done by

Verrt said:
yoothgeye said:
Seems like every time I see a bicycle swap or show near me (normally 100-200 miles away) they are on a Sunday.

Type "bicycle swap meet sydney australia" into google and then see if you still feel hard done by

Likewise Maine, to a lesser extent. There are swap meets, one a year in two different towns, run by the Bicycle Coalition. But they are not shows nor are there any vintage bikes to speak of. An old coaster hub? Yeah right! Some neat pedals or grips, nope.

But I could drive five hours down to Massachusetts :roll: .

But I'm thankful 'cause I live in the boonies and it's nice and quiet.

Lack of swaps in your area can also mean that you are more likely to scoop up anything cool that shows up for sale around you... less competition.

Isn't it obvious?.....the devil is trying to lure people away tempting them with BICYCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back