Wide 20" tire... cheap, partial review

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is only a partial review because I have not mounted this tire yet, just got it in the mail today. Found it on Amazon, under $13 shipped ($6.96 for tire, $6.75 shipping). Listed as 20x4.25"

Here it is in the box, no issues with shipping:
100_3436.jpg

Out of the box:
100_3437.jpg

Looks really good, I like the tread better than the tread on my OCC choppers.

Close up of the tag:
100_3438.jpg

This says 4 1/4", the ad said 4.25... not sure if this is going to be a problem, you know the old "decimal vs. fractional" tire size garbage. I wanted to try to put this on a regular 20" rim. The tire sidewall also says 4 1/4", it is an Innova tire. I don't remember if my OCC tires are decimal or fractional.

Those are pretty cool (and cheap). Let me know if it works on 20x2 rims. I think Outlaw did that with some OCC tires and they looked pretty cool.

Just don't put it on your tall bike.
The fine print says "improper use could result in a serious accident". :p :mrgreen:

Will try to mount it on something soon.

As for the "pie" it's actually a cookie cake, and I'm just polishing it off right now. Yummy.

yes, I did mount two of the 4.25 tires on narrow rims. works good. look at STREET DIGGER.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
yes, I did mount two of the 4.25 tires on narrow rims. works good. look at STREET DIGGER.

Outlaw 8)

Do you remember if the OCC tires say 4.25 or 4 1/2 on the sidewall, I'm to lazy to walk out to the shop to check. haha

Peatbog said:
Oh, so you didn't bring enough pie for everybody? Man...

There's always plenty of pie at my house for everyone... all you gotta do is show up. Summer is coming, people coming up and down I-95 on trips, I'm less than 10 minutes off the interstate, come in for a visit, leave with free bike parts... and "pie." :D

get off your fanny an go look. what! ya want me too go to my col,d shop an look for ya? lol. If I go out there today, I'll look.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
get off your fanny an go look. what! ya want me too go to my col,d shop an look for ya? lol. If I go out there today, I'll look.

Outlaw 8)

If I beat you to it, I'll look... or I could look in the back of my wife's minivan, there is an OCC Chopper disassembled in the back, been there for over 2 weeks, waiting for it's eviction notice, she even brought home groceries with it back there. :lol:

cman said:
yoothgeye said:
..., been there for over 2 weeks, waiting for it's eviction notice, she even brought home groceries with it back there. :lol:
That is love.

You better get it out of there before she kicks it (or you) to the curb.

MplsCoaster said:
What are you going to put it on? What's the plan, man?

Uhhhh... I really don't know, but I did take it out of the house today, and the OCC tires (which are also branded Innova) are also 20x4 1/4, as far as I'm concerned, the tread on the tire I just bought is much better looking than the OCC tires, they are cheaper, and they don't have all the dumb sidewall printing. Just for kicks, I grabbed a triple wall Alex BMX rear wheel and put the tire on it. No tube, just to see if it fits, and it does. I've got ideas, but not really sure yet, what I have in mind, this will be the "narrow" tire and it will be the front. :shock:

yoothgeye said:
MplsCoaster said:
What are you going to put it on? What's the plan, man?

Uhhhh... I really don't know, but I did take it out of the house today, and the OCC tires (which are also branded Innova) are also 20x4 1/4, as far as I'm concerned, the tread on the tire I just bought is much better looking than the OCC tires, they are cheaper, and they don't have all the dumb sidewall printing. Just for kicks, I grabbed a triple wall Alex BMX rear wheel and put the tire on it. No tube, just to see if it fits, and it does. I've got ideas, but not really sure yet, what I have in mind, this will be the "narrow" tire and it will be the front. :shock:

Get some OCC Axles and use it on a 20x2 rim as the front tire on Sand Rover! 8)

Latest posts

Back