Wide rims and tires buying. Where?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked for a while now. I know this question has to have been posted, bit where do I but wide wheels and tires? I looked on the US choppers, but they don't have a gret selection for what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

Here's what I'm trying to find:

24x4" rear rim in red
26x3" front rim in red
And corresponding white wall tires for both 4 and 3"

I'm kinda new to this so be kind. I'd like to get them all from one place and have matching tread front and rear.

Sam

Welcome Sam. Try to stop by the intro section when you can. I'm going to assume that your looking for built wheels. I'm assuming this because CyclesUs has the best selection of wide rims that I know of regarding online retailers. Lucky for you they offer an assembly service. Just let them know what hub, rim and tire combo you want and in what color and they'll build them up for you. Or you can order the parts you want and have a go at it yourself. Or i'm sure your local bike shop (LBS) will be glad to help you out. If you go the LBS route make sure they have the equiptment to assemble the wheels you want. Most wheel trueing stands can't fit rims wider than 2.5" (65)mm. Wide hoops dont generaly come in any colors other than black and silver. You may have to work some anodizing striping and powdercoating in there some where. Hope that helps. Make sure to post some pics. We love pics!

Back