width of a thick brick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 24x3".Might be the obvious answer tho.I can measure mine inflated when I get home if that's what you need. :D

Just measured one I have near me not fully inflated shows 2.53" probably go 2 3/4" with a bit more air and no more than 3" with mor air than you need. I have both the Krazes and the Thicks and the thicks are alot easier to fit in most frames as they have a very rounded profile. That squared off tread on the Kraze make it much more difficult to fit in older frames as it basically extends to nearly to diameter of the tire.

Tried originally to use the Krazes on this bike, but there was no way couldn't get them in far enough, Thick's fit with 1/4" each side(run lower pressure also, very comfy) and the width in the chainstays on this bike are not all that wide

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

might want to take into account what rims youll be running......they can play a factor in the size of the tire when installed also(ie if you mount them on a standard 24" balloon rim itll be taller and narrower than using a felt rim thats wider).........cant say exactly how much of a difference itd make but it would make some :wink:

These two bikes pictured are on opposite ends of my current bicycle interest. I've been kind of watching for a really nice condition boys Spaceliner, but I like the looks of this custom job way better than the stock - good use of accessories. I still want a prewar seat with the tall springs and I love that whole prewar frame look. Love them both!

Road Master said:
These two bikes pictured are on opposite ends of my current bicycle interest. I've been kind of watching for a really nice condition boys Spaceliner, but I like the looks of this custom job way better than the stock - good use of accessories. I still want a prewar seat with the tall springs and I love that whole prewar frame look. Love them both!

I'm not sure if it was mine you were referring to, but my take on it is, is if you like the lines of a bike, accentuating them is not a bad thing... 8)

820907.jpg

bighit said:
thanks for the pic. i have been debating going to a white wall and red rim, but cant pull the trigger.

No problem, I had a similar issue on getting WWs not really a fan but the front fork would not squeeze the thick in on the matching rim looked plain anyway. Had the red 24/26 wheelset laying around waiting for a project so I pulled the trigger. Exceeded my expectations but I think it takes a rusty patina bike or flat black to really work in the rat rod way. Chainline is the only other issue took a little shimming of the chainwheel to get right but I have that super thick KMC 415H chain on there. But even on my Nirve below it's tight but the wheels have pletny of room (borrowed the rim for the preqar mockup) 4" gap front and rear.

IMG_0270_2.JPG

You could probably do the same to the tire with some white medical tape, nice mockup idea. Sure beats buying the whole setup.

Back