wifes find to patina O.G. lowrider ross barracuda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
First off I think my wife is addicted more then me to rat bikes. She scored this baby for $10 from a rival yard sale down the block from my mothers house. It has a 3 speed freewheel coaster shimano rear. My plan is to springer fork the front end, re wrap the seat, cl3an and regrease rotational parts, and then rust the frame.

I would love to leave the seat but it has a tear and the sharp vinyl rubs threw your pants. I had this crazy idea last night. Picking up a middle/heavy weight 24" fork then bending the arms. Then it will give me the stockish look with a little stretch and lower.

It's been a while but i got the urge to do some wheelies. the best way i know how is with lots of torque. so i went with some schwinn 6-1/2" crank arms and this unknown brand 36 tooth chainring i scored from my LBS. With the shimano 3 speed 1st is super low and perfect for that off the line wheelstands. so much so that after the first pump i went back words, landed hard on my ... and popped my hip. I eat .... a lot riding street but man that hurt.

Trimmed the fender by the fork legs so the wide tires fit. Put some black grips on I had lying around. Now i feel it officially has the classic 50's east L.A. bombito lowrider vibe i was going for.

Back