Wild Target bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
Alright, it has started already, here is a Craigslist ad listing this bike for $715: http://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/3459014787.html

targetbike.jpg

And here's the link to Target showing the $499 price. If these people actually flip these bikes and make a couple hundred on each one then more power to them, but if not they can return them for full refund, not much of a gamble if you can freeze up $500 for a while.

http://www.target.com/p/alice-olivia-bi ... medium_1_2

I wouldn't even pay the $499. :roll: If it was under $150 I might get it for the wheels, tires, kickstand, and other parts.

From the website:

Wheel Features: Pneumatic Tires
Rim Material: Metal Alloy
Front Wheel Height: 28"
Rear Wheel Height: 28.0 "
Tire Type: 700c
Tire Width: 2.25"

700c tires in white aren't hard to find.

Also says this: Weight: 39.6 Lb. :shock:

oh boy. I bet my wife will want me to get it for her.

edited the following day:

yep. I was right. Ordered.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
oh boy. I bet my wife will want me to get it for her.

edited the following day:

yep. I was right. Ordered.

Be careful your wife does not get attack by bee's while out for her first ride.

Or is that all part of your master plan? :p :p

Target has it for 149.99. Nexus 3 speed , 2 wheels and tires are worth it. My wifes hairdresser ordered one last night. I'll build it, and get her old bike for payment. win/win.

It came in today. She got free shipping,plus 5% off using a Target card.
The bike is awesome. All white 700X35 tires, nexus 3 speed, sealed bearings. Red wheels. Real nice bars. Seat is comfy,Green. Pedals are purple. I built it and delivered it. Really neat bike, comfy frame shape. Its worth the 150 for the wheels /tires alone. Oh, purple chain,too. Steering stem is tall.seat stem,too.
The kickstand is really neat. It is a 2 legged stand, and when ya collapse it, both legs fold toward each other, and parks along the chain stay. Gap less than 1" between the legs. Pink. Feels like aluminum.

bike2112 said:
NicksGarage said:
bike2112 said:
Wait, do those bikes have white 28" tires on them???????????

Yeah but they look pretty skinny.

True, but I have a 20's camelback road bike single speed with 28" rims in maroon and thinking these may look cool on my ride. If anyone happens to see one of these and can see the tire manufacturer, please let me know.
I think they were 1 3/4 thick. def. Lightweight, or a stretch to call them middleweights. I forget the name on the tire. Kenda????
Tire pressure was 50-85

Al, I see pictures with a rear handbrake on that bike,so I am assuming that this is a 3 speed freewheeling hub.Did you try it? Is that right? My local Target has their red version of the Onex 29 on clearance for $89 and it would be worth it to me to combine parts from both bikes to build a 3 speed mens 29er cruiser if I could.

yoothgeye said:
And here's the link to Target showing the $499 price. If these people actually flip these bikes and make a couple hundred on each one then more power to them, but if not they can return them for full refund, not much of a gamble if you can freeze up $500 for a while.

http://www.target.com/p/alice-olivia-bi ... medium_1_2

When I originally posted that the price was showing as $499, now it's $149, I guess Target was hoping this bike would go nuts like their last designer bike... they should have picked a better designer.

yoothgeye said:
DeuceWheeler said:
I saw a lady riding this last week in MN on snowy roads. I can't believe someone would pay $500 for this ugly beast.

It's at $149 now.

Must have dropped after Xmas? I was there a few weeks ago with my girlfriend, I noticed it as we walked past the women's clothes section where ti was parked and priced at $499.
It's about time they dropped the price. :lol:

Back