Will these Schwinn chainrings interchange???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm building a 1969 Schwinn Stingray. I'm building a lowrider with a bent fork. The stock crank arms are too long, so I'm going to put a crank from 68 Bantam on it. But, I want to swap the chainrings. Will they interchange?

20141009_195719.jpg

They should swap just fine. The hole for the drive pin is in a standardized location on most 1pc cranks. The only time I've ever had trouble on a swap was when one crank used a smaller drive pin, so the crank I wanted to use wouldn't fit the smaller hole in the chainring. But to be 100%, just measure from the center of the crank to the drive pin. Or just remove the crank nut/race and try it. There's literally almost no effort involved in such a swap. Worst case scenario , you wasted 2 minutes of your life.:banana:

I've swapped out all kinds of them of different brands too, they are the same. Those are dished, so you can also reverse the sprocket to get a little bit of chain line spacing if you are running a fatter tire.

I know from experience on my ross. I purchased the top crankset and put the same chainring (bottom) on with no issues.

I think I'm going to leave it like it is. That Stingray chainring is gonna look huge in that Bantam crank. It'll work fine, I just liked the look of the Stingray better.

Back