Winter build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this Murry 3 Speed last spring. Picked it up for 20 bones;
l_26a515e6813f4f199c6481fb98628d46.jpg

Just bought these Suzuki K10 Hydraulic fork off Ebay for 35 bones;
006e_12.JPG

Sent this off to the sand blaster to get ready to cut and weld on;
l_88a5a366d52c45928dceedeefaea287f.jpg

This is what I'm going for;
l_0e36ce29871043c9af2a805afa169985.jpg

If you look close to the drawing, you can see that I lowered it about 2-3". Laid the seat post back 2-3" and bent the top bar down.
I have a paperboy basket I want to install like the "Rat Rod Bike" sticker. I have a 49cc motor I might throw on it (still thinking about it).
Keep you posted

OK, got a lil bored this weekend. So... I was thinking that i can rebuild a small block, I can tear a Shimano 3speed hub apart and rebuild it. Cross your fingers!

This bike is pretty rusted, couldn't shift, nor could you pedal or turn the cranks. PB Blast works great!
l_6e34ea07b2324adea0b6fad62e9f1b1e.jpg

l_10c31c11c6b048b7adc3f761e80f1f53.jpg

So far so good.

Uncle Stretch said:
I would have thought there would be more inside one. A nexus has quiet a bit more than that.
HAHA... There is, I haven't pulled the tension rings, gears or the locking gears. I don't know if I need to tear it down that far yet. I'm going to clean it out and grease it back up and try it out. If it doesn't feel like its grinding, I'll let it be.

That frame your using works well with welding. K-Mart bike I call them and made a tallbike with one. I did something like what you drew up maybe these pics might give you a visual.

Tyler%20Build-06.jpg

TB-16a.JPG

Tyler%20Build-16.jpg

It's a cheap Tyler. This type of detail works well with tall framed bikes. Mine was not and it's a little short in the legs. :| but still works.

Graylock

Graylock said:
That frame your using works well with welding. K-Mart bike I call them and made a tallbike with one. I did something like what you drew up maybe these pics might give you a visual.

Tyler%20Build-06.jpg

TB-16a.JPG

Tyler%20Build-16.jpg

It's a cheap Tyler. This type of detail works well with tall framed bikes. Mine was not and it's a little short in the legs. :| but still works.

Graylock
I like what you did, it looks awesome! I'm going to basically cut the back triangle off, or cut the top half off and push the center(seat) post back towards the tire. So the gap will be so tight that only the fender will fit between the tire and post. The bottom will hinge. Lowering the bike and moving the seat back over the tire. "In theory"

I drew the stock frame in sharpie and put it behind the original drawing. If you look close you can see that the goose neck is higher and the center post is laid back. I am hopping for a 3-4 inch drop, and kick back. The kick back, and a bent seat post "should" put the seat back over the center of the tire. LOL... with the heavy forks, I shouldnt need wheelie bars!
l_720c75ce22b84d979a982f0434673ea4.jpg

Well, it should be coming together soon. I bought a lot of parts in the last couple of weeks( Rat Rod is low budget? HAHAHAHAHAHA). I've spent about $200 so far, the rims and tire will probably double that.
The 80cc motor arrived today, MAN ITS COOL! :D :D :D :D Pulled it out of the box, looks like I'm going to have to get a bigger carb.
Man its small
ea399ac8224f97ba18e2d8469e77e534.jpg

This is what I need(or want as the wife puts it)
carbblast-328x246.jpg

Tried to order my rims today, on back order and wont be in till Feb.. Man this really sucks! Sent the top trip tree to the machine shop to fit the handle bars, not getting that back till next week. trying to get this done by the 9th of Feb., so I can enter it with my other bike @ the car show. Doesn't look like I'm going to make the dead line.
I have 3 other bikes I guess I could work on but it takes from the motored bike funds. What to do????

NBP MotorSporrts said:
I have 3 other bikes I guess I could work on but it takes from the motored bike funds. What to do????
Patience...Don't take ANYTHING away from this bike! 8)

HAHAHA... ME TOO!
But I'm not getting the parts quick enough!
I'm going to get all the part that I have, and do a picture inventory.
I think I may use my DD Cruzer Rim and tires to set the rear. I don't think I'm going to wait for the 26-4", I cant find a whitewall for it and it may be too wide. So I'm going to go with 26-2.5" and stretch a 2" WW on it.
What do you all think?

KOTA said:
Patience...Don't take ANYTHING away from this bike! 8)

OMG... I don't have any!!!!! :roll: :roll:
The machine shop was suppose to call me today, milled the handle bar mounts and have my bars too. I wanted to mock it up this weekend and see if its going to work.
I really don't have patience!
I think this is having effect on me;
"Ideas not coupled with Action never become Bigger than the Brain cells they Occupied!"

This isn't the build bike, this is my cruzer. I wanted to see if this was the look I was going for. I think it is!
HAHAHA, it looks like a board-tracker paperboy bike.

167544_1708121417436_1070094179_1930996_3464482_n.jpg

I have to find a longer "skewer" and spacers for the front rim.
167503_1708125737544_1070094179_1931003_5603682_n.jpg

OK now, don't hold back, what do you all think?

Back