womens cwc?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this, pretty rough, was told it was a 40's bike I assume a cwc by the springer. The left pedals seems to have been welded on. Any help on the year or how to get the pedal off besides cutting and drilling? I had some thoughts of using the drive chain on my build off bike and parting out the rest.
DSC01606.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

DSC01607.jpg

thesuicideride said:
not positive, but i think that is the chainring cwc used when they were badged as hiawathas.
I have a 24" girl's Roadmaster with one, and seen several identical ones here and ebay. Does it have dropstand ears? I can't quite see. The serial should be on the BB, and when Phil pops in, he'll likely know the year. -Adam

Your bike was made by Cleveland Welding and is a pre-war bike produced between 1940 and 1942. The dropstand ears and the tubular fork blade version of the Shockmaster fork were not produced after WW2. That chain ring pattern is one that was used on both Roadmaster badged bikes and many that CWC produced for other retailers; it was introduced in 1940 and continued to be used after WW2. If you post or PM me the serial number I can more closely pin down the production date.

Back