Won a 59 Schwinn on ebay!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50sSchwinnladies1.jpg
I haven't had much luck w/ebay lately, seems there's always somebody who wants it more. Which is kinda ok, since things are tight right now.. BUT, I did throw my hat in on this one. It has an M9 serial#, which would indicate 59, but it has a 54-58 hockey stick chainguard, and a 55-6 seat. But those S-7's look like they'll clean up, stem looks ok, plus the wider middleweight fenders.. That's worth the $69, I think. :D ~Adam

are those stainless fenders?
No, I can see in the other pics that they're painted. It was listed as a schwinn american, which had painted fenders until they brought out the Deluxe American in the early 60s. ~Adam

Well I finally got the Schwinn, or, what's left of it! First, he discovered the frame was broken. Then, apparently, the stem was locked in a rust-death-grip in the fork, and the seller beat it w/a sledge to no avail... He refunded my $, but I asked if he'd ship the parts and he said yes. So, decent S-7's, '55 dated Sturmey hub, bars, brakes, chainguard, seat, even the kickstand. So I'm pleased anyways. :D ~Adam

Too bad, that was such a sweet looking bike.

I have a similar stuck fork ebay sale story.

I have a similar stuck fork ebay sale story.
Yeah, I bought a 62 Hollywood for parts a couple yrs ago, same problem. Bike was in Vegas too, you'd think it wouldn't rust that badly. Seller cut the headtube for me and sent it... I tried several attempts with a torch-no good. That one was stuck, but good! So this time I just let him send me what he could remove. The bright spot is that he felt bad about it, and sent the parts for FREE! Can't beat that! ~Adam

Latest posts

Back