Wondering the year of my Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Roadmaster badged (what I believe is a) Cleveland Welding frame with C86152 stamped on the bottom bracket. Can some of you's help me to ID its vintage?
Thanks

roadmaster.jpg

Not sure myself of the year but I woulg guess 40's

I would put it in the 1947-54 range. It appears to have rear facing dropouts/adjusting screws which were apparently only used until 1954. The downtube curvature puts it as early as 1947. Mind you I am no authority on the subject, just a student. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33650 Hope this helps!

Phil will know for sure but there's a chance this could actually be around a '41 as well. Pre and early Post war CWCs were very similar, down to the curved braces and paint schemes but the serial looks prewar from what I remember of Phil's list. If it has Roadmaster in the title, he'll chime in at some point. Nice bike regardless!

Thanks for the responses, and the pic help... there is definitely no Cw in the stamping so I now have a pretty good idea.

here is the serial on my 38 CWC western flyer. do keep in mind the serials were sometimes repeated. one clue Phil had stated was the distance of the top tubes and the slope as well. you can refer to my thread for more info...

IMAG1130.jpg

hatrabbit said:
By the way, abc services, what book did you refer to?

I discovered a western auto reference book that decodes serial numbers for a few different manufactures, actual just 2 months ago I had it reprinted and I am selling copies of it for $20.00 shipped. please refer to this post for more info on the book.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48935 .

Any questions please feel free to PM me or my email is [email protected] , I also have the books listed on Ebay under my user name oldbikes . I have sold several copies on here and the cabe as well as on ebay . MLC even bought some from me to sell in there store. Thanks and Happy Holidays, Brian Heckel

barkeep said:
here is the serial on my 38 CWC western flyer. do keep in mind the serials were sometimes repeated. one clue Phil had stated was the distance of the top tubes and the slope as well. you can refer to my thread for more info...

IMAG1130.jpg

My book only has the CWC #'s starting in December of '39

Latest posts

Back