Wood rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently been informed by one of my friends that he has came across two wood rim bicycle wheels. He said they are brand new and one still has the wrapping on it, also they say Tucker Rim Ohio on them. They wheels do not match and one is larger than the other. He also came across a Western Flyer mens bicycle that is all chrome that has a tank on it. Anyone possibly know what the items I describe may be worth? I will get pictures as soon as I meet with him. Thanks :D

As far as I can tell, this refers to the Tucker Woodwork company in Shelby County. The company was founded in 1901 and when the owner died, was taken over after 1915 and became the Mull WW company, specializing in wooden steering wheels.

It is very possible those wheels are close to 100 years old. Here's one for sale

Also, I found the info about the company on the Shelby County Historical Society's site.

FunkyStickman said:
As far as I can tell, this refers to the Tucker Woodwork company in Shelby County. The company was founded in 1901 and when the owner died, was taken over after 1915 and became the Mull WW company, specializing in wooden steering wheels.

It is very possible those wheels are close to 100 years old. Here's one for sale

Also, I found the info about the company on the Shelby County Historical Society's site.
thanks for posting those links F.S.M.
still hoping for some pics(of the wheels)

Back