Worksman 2600

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored this chrome worksman. Figured I’d post the stuff I do to it because it’s the nicest bike I ever owned. using the parlance of our time the “crowned jewel” haha.
IMG_7013.jpeg

A chrome Worksman. Awesome! And the bigger 2600 to boot.
I had a chance to get one when they were selling the downhill bikes on Maui a few ears ago. Tour groups run a downhill ride from above the clouds on a mountain using Worksman chrome bikes. They were letting the old ones go for a hundred bucks.

A chrome Worksman. Awesome! And the bigger 2600 to boot.
I had a chance to get one when they were selling the downhill bikes on Maui a few ears ago. Tour groups run a downhill ride from above the clouds on a mountain using Worksman chrome bikes. They were letting the old ones go for a hundred bucks.
Dang shoulda scooped one up! I work at a shipyard and I see newsboys and three wheelers all day but no straight tubers, or chrome, or any without at least 5 coats of paint haha!

Dang shoulda scooped one up! I work at a shipyard and I see newsboys and three wheelers all day but no straight tubers, or chrome, or any without at least 5 coats of paint haha!
I would've had to cut it up to fit in a suitcase to bring it over here. I'm going to Hawaii in about a month, I might just do that if I find one.

If it fits in a suitcase within the airlines regs, same as regular baggage. But any larger and the cost goes way up. The fraame is longer than what they allow, so that's why I said I would cut it up. Only a bike that can be welded back together and isn't worth a fortune. The rims are 22" in diameter for a 26" bike so that would work, by dismantling and unspoking the wheels.

They make bike boxes to take with you on flights but the regulation for each airline is different. If you get a quote from an airline, get the employee's name because they are known to deny it and charge you for extra baggage.

Back