Worksman M2600 vs. Emory (Mojave) Giant

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have been asked a couple times about the difference between a Worksman m2600 frame (aka: straight bar INB) and the Emory Giant (Mojave / Sand Cruiser) frame:

Side by side comparison, Emory behind Worksman:

Emory on right:

Frames have similar geometry, though Emory's seat tube is 2" taller/longer.

Toss'm on a scale.... even with the longer tubes, i bet the Emory weighs less. Worksman uses some thick-walled/heavy-gauge tubing, plus they use a brazed and lugged construction method, whereas the Emory uses a comparatively lighter gauge tubing, and welded construction. I've tossed aorund a bunch of Worksman INB frames in my day, and i have a couple of the 18" seat-tube Emory frame, and i gotta say, the Emory frames seem crazy light when compared to the INB. (They're still heavy compared to a modern bike, but not to a Worksman.)

Another factor to consider: the Emory frames usually have a drilled brake bridge out back, whereas few (if any) of the Worksman frames came like that from the factory. I know some of you pervs want to run a 1080-style caliper on your cruisers; this is important for those of you who fall into that category. The rest of us probably don't care much, although it's also a factor for fender fitment (but there's a million ways to skin that cat....) For the record, i'm perverted enough to have had canti-posts brazed onto a Worksman for use with v-brakes.

Lastly, I got a question for @Mark Sr. (or any other Emory gurus who wanna chime in): I was under the impression that Emory made at least 2 sizes of the Mojave with the straight top-tube. Isn't there a 20" and a 22" version? Or is is 22" and 24"? Either way, i've seen some Mojaves that look huge, as well as some others that merely looked big....

@Wildcat may know about the sizes of the straight top tube Emorys.

Nice commentary 808. I have seen a ridiculously tall Emory Giant on this board. I forget what it was called though, and it was the same design as the one above except the vertical tubes seemed unusually long. The "common" Emorys seem to be the bent bar frame w/ the wishbone seat stays, the "no bar" (which is the same except is missing the twin lower top tubes), and the "Giant" with the straight top tube.

Come to think of it, I have seen an Emory with a single lower top tube (vice the twin small tubes). I think it was called "Heavy Duty" and was smaller like the bent bar ones.

Yeah, i've seen those too-- kingfish had one, i believe. Think his had a frame-mount basket, too. Am i remembering that right, @kingfish254 ?

I've also seen the Webco/Emory collabo bikes from the early 80s... 18" seat tube, curved toptube, single 1" diameter midtube, straight downtube, and conventional seat stays.... I'll try and dig up some pics....

index.php

This is the cargo frame.... like a cycletruck, but with 26" wheels front and rear....

And here's a link to an example of the Webco/Emory cruiser on the museum...
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/emory/75667
Super-hott bikes. :grin:

I still have that beasty cargo Emory.
I also have a tank in my sale thread that fits the humpback Emory frames.

WP_20150821_16_56_22_Pro.jpg

Back