Would a trike with these wheels work as a bicycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I caught this kool trike in the '70 film Born Losers featruing Billy Jack. I thought, hmmm, could one build a trike with car tires/rims like this and still be rideable? I'm thinking it would have too much tire foot prnt in the rear to be manuvereable.

It'd sure look bad-to-the-bone. :mrgreen:

Thoughts?

Spin

100_0434-1.jpg

Theres a guy that I have seen during bike week in Daytona riding a trike with car size slicks on the back. I once seen him about thirty miles outside of town in the middle of nowhere riding it. sorry didnt get a picture

LarzBahrs said:
Yeah, It would look really crazy and cool but pedaling it would be sooo hard no matter the gearing.

gettin it goin is the easy part. stopping would be fun,though! :lol: i agree it definately would be cool. 8)

Sure it could be done. Easy enough to change the design while keeping the intent. At least a hundred pounds Harley iron (not including the engine) could be left out. Modern bicycle disc brakes could handle the braking load, etc, etc..........
I rode a choppered Schwinn 3 wheeler on the Mission Beach Board Walk in San Diego where I grew up (Pacific Beach) for several years when I was around 13-14. It was cool and fun but the width was not appreciated by the crowd (the board walk was half the width back then).
Still if I were to put in that much time and money now I would replicate the motorcycle not make a bicycle.

Back