would anyone be interested in a how to for this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was goofin around a electronics store and wanted some speakers for a bike but didnt want a bulky electrical set up so i made USB set up so i can use portable laptop speakers. would anyone be interested in this?
hvdyyq.jpg

mikesbikes36 said:
what do u mean intrested ? in buyin it or seeing how u did it ....i like 2 check out how u did if thats what ur asking...LOL mike
lol im not gonna sell these i think its against the law to ship those batteries. yes im asking if anyone would like a how to, so they could make their own.
the idea is to remove the bulkyness of putting a car stereo on your bike just to run a mp3 player when you could just get some usb laptop speakers and take 90% of the
hastle doing it. this set up cost me under 80$ in the end ill be about 100$ in

well all that work went south lol what i made was a 12v usb plug this will light up a motorcycle headlight.
Im gonna do it the way i originally intended with the 12v socket and use the usb lighter adapter since it has the circuits i need.
and ill write a how to for it when i do it tomorrow

With this set up would you control the volume for the speakers or would it be through the mp3 player?
I mcgyvered a portable speaker from a trashed 10 wt speaker, an almond can, and head phone cables.It has a decent volume, but i would like to add a power source and small amp to it.

i've fashioned a couple small amp/speaker systems for my bicycles, using this very small ruby amp.(also the little gem) i use the ruby with the preset gain.
powered with a 9volt battery (or 2 if you so desire)

http://runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

afgf3k.jpg

akd3xx.jpg

real easy to make,quite loud and the grand total as far as investment, approx $10. :) (including a 2" waterproof/outdoor speaker)

there great for bicycles cause you can darn near hide em anywhere.
soup/beer cans work well (for that ratty look)
i like using a couple salsa lid's to stuff em in old ashtrays. :)

iepjxd.jpg

2cr993c.jpg

you'll also find links to 9 and 12 volt power boosters for mp3 players to plug your speakers into. (originally designed to power high end home sterio headphones with your mp3 player)

most are contained in breathe mint tin's and other such items (so there easy to carry in the pocket)

Sweet. I didn't realize you could enough power out of something that small. Thank you for sharing.

Korporal said:
Sweet. I didn't realize you could enough power out of something that small. Thank you for sharing.

it really surprized me also.

first couple i made in cambells soup can's to take camping.
one for guitar another for bass guitar, so me and my budy trev could jam around the camp fire.
(little different setup but same amp)

there based on the "smokey" guitar amp (usually hidden in a smoke pack)

check out the vid, should give you an idea of volume etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKOYc971 ... re=related

Back