Would like Your Input/Opinions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Let me start by saying I'm one of these guys that's likes to leave my finds as close to original or as I find them, only get them ridable and safe. When possible I think it tells a better story about the item.

Here's my dellema!

Due to the fact that I've collected and delt in military aviation realated items for over 30 years now, I've been lurking and watching the military bike thread for awhile and really have the itch. In the picture I've posted, the blue bike, the one in back, is the one I'm thinking would make a good military bike project. Love the style of the springer frontend, and frame. I ID it as a late 40's CWC or a Hiawatha. The bike is solid and a good starting point.

Your input and ideas would be much apprieciated.

Either go straight WWII style, since thats kind of the era, or a modern digital camo. But yeah, by all means do something with it!! Flaky house paint is not appropriate patina.

Funny you all mention blue house paint right off the bat. When I found the bike, the first thing that went threw my mind was "What the heck am I going to do with flacy blue spray paint everywhere" !! All my other bikes have the original paint. While the lovely blue paint job plays a small part in picking this bike, the main reason is the style of the bike. I'm really thinking of USAAF, right before the change over to the USAF in 47.

Back