Would You Be Mad If...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go away for 4 days and I come home to the following bikes out from there normal resting place to find out my 16 year old daughter decided her and her friends wanted to go for bike rides. So should I be mad? :x Naaaa, as she would say... they are just bikes dad! What could I say to that? :lol: Below are the bikes as I found them in my front yard!!!! The only thing I said was out of the 16 bikes I have you had to choose my Stingray!! Then I quickly recovered and said... Glenn, dont act like a "SCHWINN FORUM" guy :wink:

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8403.jpg

IMG_8404.jpg

They're only bikes, Glenn...........BUT....if you have some that you POSITIVELY don't want anyone to ride, then make it known! .............If it happens again, when she gets her license, and you buy her a nice car :roll:, show up at her school and ANYONE who wants to "try" it, let em!...She'll then KNOW how you felt. :wink:

Oh man what good is a bike if it dont get riden? I think its great that my kids ride my bikes, but they do ask first. As long as they dont go out to tear them up its no harm no foul. Just ask first :D

i think i would be mad, but it would be more about leaving them laying around in the front yard. can't do that where i'm from.

WOW, I wish I was there to see the look on your face as you pulled up, But you really should feel honored, looks like she took good care of them,and she shows an interest in your hobby. It could have been worse, She could have thrown them on Craigslist while you were gone

those bikes have been around 30+ years. another day on the town ain't gonna hurt nothin :D

now if they really where lying around (in a big pile) i might have something to say about it.

i personally look forward to those days when theres enough peeps to pull out most of the bikes. :)

I don't have any kids so I'm not used to being abused by young people. :p Maybe if I had raised some kids I'd see it differently, but what they did would be a near death sentence at my house. I'd definitely have to "borrow" some of their prized possessions in the near future and let my friends try them out so the kids get the same "warm fuzzy feeling" I did. 8) B607

This is why my daughter has a custom 61 Schwinn straightbar tornado, built to the nines, as well as a 70 era columbia newsboy with 24 x 3s for her boyfreind, and guess what she'll never touch my 48 DX. But god almighty you can't be mad they all returned home and they do look like candy, and you know all the boys the ran across just went crazy over them. Just lay down the law, and build her a rat.

Schwidiot OUT!!...of his mind

Looks to me she has the same good taste in bikes that you do :wink: Bet it was cool to see em all going down the road! Next time tell her you want pictures.

Judging by the looks of the Sting-Ray, she might as well have taken the car! :D

if i had any of my bikes that even i rarely ride and are not to be riden, i just lock them down but that onle one or two. if kids wanted to ride any the others, its all good if it makes them happy. they are kids and its all in innocent fun.

now rewind to last summer when my wife and two other girls who were our neighbors want to use my cruisers to go out bar hopping downtown, and then going after i told them not to wasn't cool. thats why i have a girls mountain bike or two behind my house as "loaner bikes" in case this senario ever reared its ugly head again. besides, those gals never ride and wanted to ride at night with no lights on single speed cruisers with hills. had to leave work 3am as it was to go bail them out of exaustion halfway between the bar and the house. at least they had fun, right?

Back