Would you buy this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha!
A rusty (female frame) beaut came up on my CL. I've been lookin' for a springer for my King Size American (Schwinn) project. I only need the springer forks and would probably part out the remainder. I called the guy and asked what model it was be he hadn't a clue! I can get this for $50 +$40 in gas. Is this beastie worth $90? I'm looking to get the forks and part the rest.. keep in mind its for my KING SIZE American.. Will they fit?

Thanks, yall!

scaled.php

I'd buy it for sure. Springer, deluxe chainguard, and don't forget the seat...that's a Schwinn B1 boys seat. 8) Gary

I'd buy it at $50. It's got a nice springer, chain guard, a hairpin saddle that you could re-cover, decent rack, and some other parts. I'd go for it then try to talk it down when you get there. Say I just spent $40 in gas to get here, it's rough, exc. Offer him $30-$40. It'll work.

I'd call and ask the guy to measure the length of the head tube from race to race or just the head tube length itself. That will give you a good idea if it will fit.

Back