would you rat out an elgin blurbird? link

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, I think people are just playing now. :lol: What's the point of telling the reserve? :roll:

You know what would be horrible? What if the seller lied and said the reserve was at 1000 when it was really at 600? Then someone would bid 600 just for fun since they "knew" the reserve would be at 1000 but in reality, it wouldn't be. Haha, that would be awesome and could totally freak someone out!!!

schwinnmesa said:
lol, I think people are just playing now. :lol: What's the point on telling the reserve? :roll:

You know what would be horrible? What if the seller lied and said the reserve was at 1000 when it was really at 600? Then someone would bid 600 just for fun since they "knew" the reserve would be at 1000 but in reality, it wouldn't be. Haha, that would be awesome and could totally freak someone out!!!
Hahahahahahahahaha

skillsthebarber said:
would you rat out an elgin blurbird?

Not that piece of scrap. Not even if you had spelled it right. :mrgreen: (blurbird? :? :lol: ) :lol:

harquahalas said:
deorman said:
skillsthebarber said:
would you rat out an elgin blurbird?

Not that piece of scrap. Not even if you had spelled it right. :mrgreen: (blurbird? :? :lol: ) :lol:

:lol: I bet the blurbird was really fast in it's prime.
Hahahahahahahaha you guys crack me up!!!!!!!

Rat-out / Customize a bluebird.
I probably would if I have to be the one riding it in the end. I think I'll customise, or at least personalise anything with wheels I get my hands on. Always have, always will.

But before that, I'd rather try to make some antique buff very happy and sell the bird.
(...which will make me even more happier cause then I could buy and make all the bikes I REALLY want to have...)

TommyTwoTime said:
I just bid $999, so if you want it your gonna have to out bid me.

I don't mean to freak you out if you really bid the $999, but it isn't it under ebay rules that you have actually committed yourself to buy the bike at $999 if the seller decides to sell it to you once the reserve is not met? :shock:

My questions:

1- Is the seller inhaling a questionable substance? (methinks: yes!)

2- Is a frame that squished repairable?

3- If it is repairable, how does it affect the value if/when someone would restore high end historic bike like this Elgin?

Hmmm... Blurbird... A lowered bluebird witha 7-speed nexus hub, flipped bars, 3in rear tire, 26x1 3/8 front, lowered evans-action fork, and jet-fighter silver paint, original speedometer replaced with an auto-meter dragster speedometer, and have the nexus wired to a suicide shifter, and a Flux Capasitor in the glove box.

Well I can dream..right?

Why heck yes... Id rat out a Bluebird. I don't build anything back to original.... cause original has already been done and theres others just like it .... I what things to be one of a kind original.

welll somebody sniped it for $1010.00 :shock:

I wonder if it is anybody here.

Also ended around the same time was a partial Elgin girls bike, with the awesomest skirt guards I've ever seen. $500!!!

rydr1 said:
TommyTwoTime said:
I just bid $999, so if you want it your gonna have to out bid me.

I don't mean to freak you out if you really bid the $999, but it isn't it under ebay rules that you have actually committed yourself to buy the bike at $999 if the seller decides to sell it to you once the reserve is not met? :shock:

If an auction ends with the reserve unmet, the bidder can not be committed to buy it if the seller decides to accept the high bid. The seller can only offer the high bidder a second chance opportunity to purchase it at the price that he bid. The bidder may decline the offer to buy and the seller may then offer it to the next lower bidder at his bid price and so on. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html#when

You have to watch out for people that tell you the reserve price. He said it was a grand, but he could have had it set at $900 and one of you guys that were playing around could have found yourselves doing a the weasel dance. :wink:

Back