wow coolest tires ever,,,,,no way

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.sweetskinz.com/

SweetskinZ tyres are an innovative new product which allow for coloured tread patterns by day, and reflective pattern by night.

Great to ride with friends at night, and designed for use on MTB trails - comes in several color designs and the tire size is 26 X 2.1 and will fit most bikes. We also have the 26" X2.125 cruiser/street tread available

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/search_co ... sweetskins
[imghttp://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/images/sweetskinz_scorch_tyre.JPG][/img]
sweetskinz_rattleback_tyre.JPG

sweetskinz_nightwish_tyre.JPG

2616253355_65b6f5b03b.jpg

banana seat Brian said:
will a 26x2.0 tire fit on a 26x2.125 rim?????
I've done it before...its only .125"(1/8") difference to spread which a well inflated innertube can do.

It'll fit fine. Unless you're putting in a lightweight frame or something very narrow... in which case a 2.125 or any normal MTB tire wouldnt fit in the first place. They should fit any cruiser or MTB frame, and probably just about all middleweights too.

I think if you get them you'll see that they're very close to a standard size tire.
--Rob

banana seat Brian said:
the white and black one comes in 26x2.0
you think it will rub on the frame???

Don't wanna rain on any parades, but Gigs (my wife) bought some a couple of years ago and within 3 months they started to crack. She got the Scorchers (flame pattern). They had less than 20 miles on them when they started cracking. Just by coincidence, we're taking them off her bike tomorrow and throwing them out. They've gotten so bad you can see the tube thru the cracks. Only got about 80 miles on them. I've tried all kinds of suggestions to slow up the rot but they're junk!

The tires were ordered by a bike shop (ex)friend directly from SweetSkinz. They never were stored on cement, always hung up. And they always had the right air pressure, while being stored or ridden. I think it's something in the dye used for the coloring, but it's only a guess.
I contacted the bike shop and he wouldn't give me any satifaction. I sent out a couple of letters and emails to the company, but never a thing.

I hope you guys have better luck if you purchase a set. At the price that most everyone is asking, it's just not worth taking another chance.

They are cool as heck while riding at night though and they always draw comments!

banana seat Brian said:
the white and black one comes in 26x2.0
you think it will rub on the frame???
definitely no...you would not even see a difference once inflated...there would be ample room side-to-side. Just remember its a lot closer in size to a 26x2.125 cruiser tire. 2.0 is the width in inches and the space in between the area of the frame where the tire would be located in my bike is 3 inches... that is 1/2 inch space side-to-side...no rubbing.

i'm with chainy on this. nothing but junk.

if ya wanna look cool cruising for a month or 2, there the tires for you.
if you plan on doing any sort of aggresive riding, or looking for a tire that will last, then i'd steer clear untill they figure out how to prevent the different color rubber from seperating

Back