wretched 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had some time over the holidays to think about my build and decided it was not what I really wanted to do. Wanted it to have more of a bobber feel than a stretched look. So using these three images for inspiration
inspiration3.jpg

inspiration2.jpg

inspiration1.jpg

I came up with this design.
conceptsketch.jpg

So here it is so far.
frametacked.jpg

I am liking it so far so will see were it goes.

I think you're on to something good. I'll be checking in on this one. :arrow: Oh and by the way your Photography work is off the hook! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ive been thinking of doing this for my next build. I REALLY love bobbers (im not a fan of apes though).

I feel like its just too extreme of a frame for me to be in the mood to ride it everyday. I ride my bike every day to class. I like to stand out from other bike riders, but I dont like a bunch of attention!

Keep it up though! Good luck!

i've got an idea like that festering in the back of my head, only i still plan to stretch it some. seems like you have to, to sit low and still pedal comfortably.

Philphine that was the idea but I have long legs so I may need a bite of a seat tube sitting higher than I want unless I can curve it back over the rear wheel some.
Jandroart thanks for the comment on my photography work.

Never seen a sketch so well executed, looks exactly the same!
I like where you´re going, love bobbers, I´m anxious to see how this one turns up :wink:

Finally had a day to work on the bike. Decided to rake the fork some so flipped the front triangle over.
Also was able to get the 1" head tube in so I could mount the fork.
Liking what I have so far. Need to work on the front fork to get it looking more like the one in the mag. ad.
I think the front wheel is going to be perfect for it. Wish I could figure out a way to get a similar look to the rear wheel.
wretched2_21_10.jpg

Re: wretched 2 seat build

Have not had much time to work on the bike. Stealing 15 minutes here and there to try and get something done.
Finished the seat. I patterned it after the ones the custom motorcycle guys are using.
It is comfortable to sit on but will see how it feels when I have to pedal.
I will post a build if any one is interested.
Top view
finishedseat2.jpg

3/4 view
finishedseat1.jpg

View of raw under carriage with the motorcycle springs I used
rawundercariage1.jpg

I get so many ideas from this site. Koooollll seat, and looks simple too. Nice work. Thanks for educating us. Now to change it some so we don't look alike. Hummmmm.

Re: wretched 2 fork

[/code]For those who are interested I finally put up a seat building post in the how to section. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25214
Have been working on the front end. Not sure if I am done with it yet but here it is so far.
primedfork.jpg

forkdetail.jpg

Combined 3 different forks and some rebar for the truss. Also created what I am calling transitions were the one set of forks inserted into the other.
Made a high rise for my handle bars. I want to split the bars in half so they do not meet in the middle. Hopefully it should steer okay??? Need to cut the head tube down some.

Nice job on the fork gona be cool!

Have been traveling a lot lately so have not had time to work on the bike.
Needed a quick fix so decided to get the frame bondo'd and primed.
Still deciding how crazy to get on the prep work. Do I make it perfect or get it on the road? Cast your vote!!!
Here she so far.
primedframe.jpg

Back