X-53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a long time since I've found a cool bike, this one kinda found me today at work. Of course no camera with me. Missing the tank, headlight, and rear reflector, but otherwise all there. Both tires are Goodyear double eagle, in pretty good shape. I'll post an update with pics later tonight.

Finally some pics:
It may clean up alright, but for now I'm gonna leave it grungy.
IMG_0940.jpg

Cool Goodyear tires, in pretty good shape.
IMG_0941.jpg

Gotta love the Dayton tags in the rear wheel.
IMG_0943.jpg

I'd love to find a similar condition tank for it, and maybe a rocket ray headlight(can't afford the correct one), but for now I'm gonna overhaul the bearings and ride it.

Oh man...I mean c'mon!!!!...you'd have to have had a lobotomy in this day and age to think that something like that wasn't worth something. :x

On the other hand...it's a good thing that there are people like this still around....for our sakes anyway. :lol:

Yeah...I like it without the tank too.

Too many fancy parts and it starts to look pee wee herman-ish. :lol:

Nice find...very desiable bike. How did that one get out of Dayton without Nate seeing it :mrgreen:

Wow, that's one cool find :D Leave it as is...those Dayton tags on the wheel really give it some character :wink:

SimpleMan said:
Nice find...very desiable bike. How did that one get out of Dayton without Nate seeing it :mrgreen:
NO matter how hard you work to find old bikes you cant get them all. That is a nIce Bike Kevin I would ride it as is. :D

Had to ditch the tags, sorry guys. Went through the bearings and trued the wheels this morning, gonna ride a 15-20 mile critical mass this Thursday on it.

041.jpg

I got curious, broke out the mothers.

042.jpg

What the paint USED to look like.

043.jpg

The double eagle it is a pretty expensive tire. It is the only speed rated bicycle tire and as such the whizzer guys love them. It is basicly a motorcycle tire made to fit a bicycle rim. The last single I had sold for $90.00 with cracks.

blackdiamond said:
Would you sell one of the tags?

Sure, the ends are bent on all four though. Shoot me a pm.

rustymotors said:
The double eagle it is a pretty expensive tire. It is the only speed rated bicycle tire and as such the whizzer guys love them. It is basicly a motorcycle tire made to fit a bicycle rim. The last single I had sold for $90.00 with cracks.

Well, if someone wants to trade me a decent tank for them straight up I'd be a happy camper :D

Back