X-53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sanding down the X-53 & going to leave it bare medal. Someone had sprayed it black & white. Originally it was black & red.
388486_312250932127494_100000277685910_1260854_1488285550_n.jpg

380124_312250998794154_100000277685910_1260855_1103118938_n.jpg

I had a dream about this bike....Angelina Jolie was riding one, wearing nothing but a bike helmet. She stopped and said "Wanna ride, Big Guy?"...I said "Sure, and pushed her off the bike and rode off into my dream sunset!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NewOrleansFlyer said:
I had a dream about this bike....Angelina Jolie was riding one, wearing nothing but a bike helmet. She stopped and said "Wanna ride, Big Guy?"...I said "Sure, and pushed her off the bike and rode off into my dream sunset!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
LOL!!!

The last bare medal bike I built I clear coated it but did not like the look of it. It made the bike look like it was almost painted silver. I don't think I'll put any clear on this one but just go over it every once in a while with steel wool.

rusty513 said:
The last bare medal bike I built I clear coated it but did not like the look of it. It made the bike look like it was almost painted silver. I don't think I'll put any clear on this one but just go over it every once in a while with steel wool.
I had a bare metal frame that I just applied WD40 every once in a while. Apply light to prevent dust build up.

Wildcat was talking about waxing a bare metal bike, said it worked well. I don't like the matte clear I used. I didn't do to good a job though so...

rusty, that's gonna look sweet.

Awesome bike, I dream of having one someday. To bad you can't have it cleared with an automotive urethane clear, would look awesome forever and be tough as nails.

Vasoline! it sounds crazy,but it just might work. I've never done one to the bare metal,but think,itll act as a repelant and keep the bike from rusting. Like I said,ive never done one bare metal to leave it as bare metal,ive always taken quite a few steps to get it to rust and stay at a rust stage.

This bike is looking great! Keep it up man.

Latest posts

Back