X-53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just got the tank for the X-53 & bolted it on. I guess the next step is to find a chain guard & light & then take it completely apart & redo it all.
P6220001.jpg

That is a COOOOOOL tank!
I don't believe I've ever seen one like it.
I almost bought a frame with a rear rack and fork like that a couple of years ago, but ended up with a nice old Hiawatha instead. It looks like the downtube is a little different on yours. Are the fenders rounded, or do the have a peak on them?

Really cool!
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Uncle Stretch said:
Maybe its just me but they ride alot better when you run the chain around the gears :lol: :lol: :lol:

didnt you know, that was an anti theft tactic - commonly found on bikes from the 50's :mrgreen:

looks alot better with the tank on it !!!

rusty513 said:
Just got the tank for the X-53 & bolted it on. I guess the next step is to find a chain guard & light & then take it completely apart & redo it all.
P6220001.jpg
Hey rusty, I have a jc higgins super deluxe tank that looks just like that but might fit your bike better?? That one might fit mine?? :roll:
l_d81042a9d53a4ef1d5a9d16670431211.jpg

Don't ask about the pansy yellow and purple.....not my paint job!! But the tank is now stripped to chrome. pm me if you are interested?

Back