YANG (yet Another New Guy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should jump i here and say hi.

I'm another new guy, just getting started tinkering around with bikes. DFW, TX here

The wife and I have had a pair of cheap big box store "mountain bike" style bikes for a few years, and they got very little use.

Once my son started riding I've gotten into a little more 'interesting' fun, and I'm a big fan of "psuedo vintage" bikes.

I'm currently working on a mid 50's Rollfast tandem, that was given to me, it needs work (of course) but it is awesome. A buddy picked up a Mohawk (also Snyder) 3 speed (hub shift) road bike form the 60's that has become my main ride.

There is a 60's Schwinn Varsity sitting in the garage begging me to do something with it, I'm thinking converting it to single speed is in order, along with some straight bars (or something along those lines).

And I'm looking to build a vintage beach bike for my wife, with front drum brakes (because I dig 'em) and rear coaster.

Anyway, looks like a good source if info and time wasting to be had here.

I'll post pics of the rollfast and the mohawk later, no need to post pics of the varsity, they all look the same, not the big box store bikes, they'll be gone (or I'll steal the wheels off of them for something else) eventually anyway (unless you guys give me a cool idea to do with them).

thanks!

Latest posts

Back