Year of the Rat ?! RRB Build Off #15 !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image hosting test . A old build of entry .
9CEE11A4-802F-434B-AA2A-14655509DBD7.jpeg

Also extend the deadline for finishing maybe. I can't move to my new home in the Philippines until I can get a flight, then hopefully I can find and then buy back the bike (Bo11 Weevil) I sold in 2016 when I moved to Hawaii. Then I will start rebuilding that bike into something different. Right now I'm thinking going for a vintage cruiser instead of klunker style. That's my first plan.

View attachment 115475
Not getting this one back afterall. But I have some leftover parts to start a new bike when ever I get to the Philippines, hopefully before the build off ends.

I just found some 26 x 3 tires for 31.99 each, free shipping all the way to Hawaii from Amazon. I'll have to find a frame and forks that'll be wide enough.
1586743778116.png

I've eaten a burrito that I found laying on the sidewalk outside of a Taco Bell. Rat can't be much worse...
I tried to block this out but it's reality. 1979, I was eating a taco off a taco truck. Found a band aid in the taco. Finished the taco. I was younger than, don't judge.

I tried to block this out but it's reality. 1979, I was eating a taco off a taco truck. Found a band aid in the taco. Finished the taco. I was younger than, don't judge.
I know I've got a strong immune system, for years I'd sit down to my lunchbox after framing all morning and eat my sandwich. I used to laugh because when we'd head back out to work my fingertips would be all clean... It's no worse than a Rat Sammich....

Carl.

I've built a couple of custom bikes before I joined this group. So, fill me in on the rules please. I know, start from scratch. My wife will give me that look when I drag home another questionable bike. Did they have bikes in the move "Demolition Man"? They did have Rat Burgers.

This thread is wild :bigsmile:

First post... oh cool, year of the rat... Gets ideas goin.

2 pages of light poli ticks, some photo testing...

Anyway, year of the bat is more like it, no?:giggle:

I've built a couple of custom bikes before I joined this group. So, fill me in on the rules please. I know, start from scratch. My wife will give me that look when I drag home another questionable bike. Did they have bikes in the move "Demolition Man"? They did have Rat Burgers.
There's another thread in BIKE TALK I think... called "SUMMER BUILD OFF?"
rules and such are there, along with another bunch of jokers goofin' off.

The other Carl.

This thread is wild :bigsmile:

First post... oh cool, year of the rat... Gets ideas goin.

2 pages of light poli ticks, some photo testing...

Anyway, year of the bat is more like it, no?:giggle:

Maybe Ratvirus-15 would be fitting.
Let’s hope none of us suffer through the 4 months. I’m in the at risk category, I’ve had symptoms since ‘95.
Not trying to make light of the current situation, but these bikes can become an addiction if left unchecked.

Sent using Tapatalk

Maybe Ratvirus-15 would be fitting.
Let’s hope none of us suffer through the 4 months. I’m in the at risk category, I’ve had symptoms since ‘95.
Not trying to make light of the current situation, but these bikes can become an addiction if left unchecked.

Sent using Tapatalk
And there's no cure or vaccine available for what ails you.

Seven days to go...?
Rather like waiting out our stay at home order, although I don’t see a magic end to the health issue. Our state count keeps rising. One family on our street seems to be ignoring social distance and pushing the ten limit, too many people coming and going there...my wary hat on.

Ready to play bike builder though, grass is green, plant collection outside, landscape is looking good, been on a few solo rides, parts stash is adequate...ready.

Sent using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back