You and your first bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I came across this old picture the other day. It was my first bike 1982 Wards Open Road. I clearly remember the day I got it. We built a six inch "jump" out in the street using two 2x4s and a piece of scrap plywood. That thing was a tank!! My brother got the exact same bike, but mine was cooler..... What? 8) :lol:

So dust off that scanner and lets see you and your first bike.

OpenRoad.jpg

Me on an early set of wheels. 1954. My uncles bikes in the background, they were rat before there was such thing as rat bikes.
oldpics008.jpg

Me with my first bike. A brand new red 20" JC Higgins. 1957 or 1958. And yes, a few years later it got the rat bike treatment, fenders removed and handle bars flipped. Oh yea, no training wheels for me, I learned to ride on a freinds bike without training wheels, crashed his bike many times, but I learned.
oldpics011.jpg

this was one of our first bikes amongst the kids. it was so cool. it was a trike with a back seat to hall kids around in. like a taxi. this is the only pic we have of it and its only half way in the picture :cry:. i have no idea who made it but i would really like to know now. any ideas? it was around '89ish. my parents say a weld broke so they trashed it :x

scan0001.jpg

I wish i hadda pic. Gotta talk to Mom....

I had a haro master gt chrome and blue, very similar http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 6%26um%3D1
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 6%26um%3D1

It got stolen. I wish my first bike was as cool as some of the 70s one but i guess i missed that, but at the time that was the baddest bike on my street. mid eighties kids had huffys and roadmasters.... i was lucky to have an older bro. who was an avid rider.

I raced a little bmx in the last 90's . but im fat now. cruiser with suspension all the way right?

Not my first bikes but here are some pics of me as a kid in the early 80's on some of my bikes. I remember my dad always buying me bikes at yard sales & flea markets. The first pic is of my sister & I
img161.jpg

Here's a pic of me on a girls bike. My dad put an old boat steering wheel on it.
img163.jpg

The last bike is me on a Brown's bike that my dad had made for me
img162.jpg

this was my first set of wheels. man did i love that donkey! lol
IMG_2804.jpg

later in life i moved up to formula one cars. if you look close, you'll see my first trike in the background.
IMG_2810.jpg

his however was my first big kid bike, complete with solid rubber tires. :(
IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

Back