your holy grail?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well what is your holy grail of bikes... the one that you have seen but haven't been able to obtain yet?

I like the Elgin twin bar..... but hey i am only about 3 weeks into the hobby i am sure that i will fall in love with a couple of others along the way

this would be one for sure!!!

HuffyRadioBike.jpg

HEY, thats my...

Mini Twinn I built! I parted it out cause I had sooooooooo much into it. It might be in one piece somewhere as I sold all the parts except the front fork assembly to the same guy. It took me a year to build and mucho deniro to accomplish. The concept was cool and the execution worked, but the bottom line was the bike was waaaaaaaaaay too heavy. Almost 100 pounds. Just not a practical cruiser and since I love to ride my bikes they must be comfortable and be able to cruise at least 10 miles. Glad it is one of your "HG's" I have tons of pics from conception to finish if anyone needs details.

Thanks, Joe

sorry to revive a dormant thread, but this grabbed my attention...

i've been bitten by the musclebike bug, and one I'd LOVE to find is an early Ross Barracuda with twin top tubes like this:

greencuda2.JPG

image is lifted shamelessly from a Fleabay auction... this guy wanted 500 bucks for this one. ouch.

i love the look of the 2 sets of twin tubes, and I also like that these have a longer head tube. i'm pretty sure it's the same length as the head tube of most girls' 20" frames, and I think Ross is the only manufacturer that did this...

--rick

i have a list and here are a few

schwinn black phantom
schwinn b6
schwinn panther (any year)
silverking (any 26inch)
schwinn krate
elgin twin bar
huffy radio bike
swing bike
63 1/2 stingray
a garage full of mens fat tire schwinn frames to make customs with :D

ParkRNDL said:
sorry to revive a dormant thread, but this grabbed my attention...

i've been bitten by the musclebike bug, and one I'd LOVE to find is an early Ross Barracuda with twin top tubes like this:

greencuda2.JPG

image is lifted shamelessly from a Fleabay auction... this guy wanted 500 bucks for this one. ouch.

This was at the Hershey swapmeet this year
bike-2.jpg

--rick

wow gotavan that is some collection. although some of those i would have a hard time ratting. what is that cream and black bike in the front kinda looks like an excelsior but never seen that sprocket before. do tell what is it? and i am sorry to be so brash they don't all have to be schwinns sorry bout' that :oops:

I love this Alexander motorcycle, just remove the motor, add pedals, keep the tank for beer, the muffler for fun, you will have a terrific bike

319705860_0db4cd5637.jpg

I was going to start a new thread but found this old one, and thought it would be cool to revive it since so many members have joined since the last post to this one. I know there a few threads that are similar, but I picked this one, so let's see how it goes.

Mine would be a complete, nicely patina'd Schwinn Black Phantom. My next would be to get a Sears Spaceliner and one of each variant-Cosmic Flyer (which I have), Fleetwing, Sonic Flite, etc. It seems like I hear of another at least once a week lately!

It used to be the Elgin Bluebird, but that changed after having seen a complete original Monark Silver King hex bar in person.

I will second the hex bar. As well as some French hex tube road bikes.

Back