Your night rides, you do go faster...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what a nice night for a spin to the store. I took the Flightliner out for a beating and it totally beat me! She's a killer going uphill, but more than makes up for it on the downside! I love the smells, the cool air, the fog refracting in the headlight, and that big beautiful moon with Venus floating off to the right. Good stuff. The big chain wheel on this beast, along with the 5 rear gears is like hyper-drive! I love night rides, and yes you do go faster... 8)

8809_velo.jpg

I know what you mean...was just out test riding my Traveler in the alley....moons out and I wasn't dripping in sweat as usual. :oops:

well, i see i wasn't the only one pedaling around under that beautiful waxing moon tonight :) very nice night here too.

yeah, i was out pumping around the neighborhood on my "new" mountain bike turned freewheeling single. gotta get some lights on that thing!

I know where you are coming from. I take the dog for a run after the sun goes down. Chunky Monkey is the new dog walking bike.

love the glow lights coming from the bikes above my post, but in cali, red or blue glow lights are reserved for emergency veihicals, making them illegal. as for do i ride faster at night, my night riding is done at 4am coming from my house up a country road down to my place of work. with all the "beware of mountain lions" signs up my road, you can bet the bank im riding faster at 4am till i get to the fully lite mainroad.

Joey, you would have loved the last Guilford ride. The whole way back everybody hammered. Some of the guys, I dunno how they lived through it, I had a hard time in places seeing with my big headlight.

Ian is hard to catch. Imagine what he could do with speeds. (Don't tell him they make bikes with more than 1 gear lol).

guilford0909bikes1.jpg

Good night racing to all the folks who had more beers than their bike had speeds. I had two. Speeds that is. :)

guilford0909moon2.jpg

--Rob

Nighttime is my favorite time to ride, calm, cool, less traffic.
As far as going faster, I dont know, because I usually have to stop every mile or two for a cold adult beverage. :D

Hello Mastronaught,

My favorite nightime riding is during the holiday season.
I live in suburbia and many are decorating their homes and
lawns for Holloween and Christmas. Some are pretty unique,
some spend a fortune, and with the chill in the air, a wee dram
at the end of ride is welcome. Maybe Santa will bring a new bicycle. :D

Cheers.
house.jpg

Back